“New Management”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2017

A busy Pub on the canal and with new Tenants of Wadworth the standards are still the Best, the only good or Bad news is in Jan 2018 the pub is having a refit and will be closed foe a few weeks. I will look forward to returning next year to see what they have done too it. The some of the staff although young have returned to Uni.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Came for a family lunch on a Sunday, there were 12 of us and we were in the room by the canal. Service was good and the staff were friendly and cheerful. Nice view , shame about the weather lol. Food came in a timely manner and considering the all the different requirements was good quality, hot and tasty. Desserts are good too. No complaints considering the pub was rammed they did very well.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Been before and never had problems went early evening weds night so pretty quiet, had t wait an hour for food as they forgot our order! Lovely waitress gave us free round of drinks just as we were about to leave. Food good and good setting but won't use or recommend again which is a shame.

1  Thank JohnBroomfield2013
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Visited The Barge last week with friends. It was a beautiful day so we sat outside. The canal was busy with lots of narrow boats moored up and passing.

The flowers and hanging baskets outside the pub were stunning.

We had been to the Barge before but had not eaten before. I had the burger and my friend had fish and chips. The burger was very tasty and not dry. There was a good portion of chips, too much for me though. My friends fish looked really good and she really enjoyed it too.

If you want to wile away the afternoon down by the canal, I can't think of a better place.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We came to the pub at 8:30 after finishing the Caen hill flight, there was a spot free right outside the beer garden with 24hour mooring, we then immediately went inside to order food and drinks, the atmosphere was lovely and the staff were chatty and friendly. After ordering our food it arrived so quickly and again with great service. We ordered 2 burgers, 1 butternut squash tart (vegetarian) and a small fish cake. As a vegetarian the tart was THE most amazing meal I have ever eaten and my family agreed. I will definitely be eating here again and suggesting it to my family and friends!