“Lunch”

Price range: US$14 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rural pub specialising in modern British cuisine
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Popped in for lunch fab £10.00 for 3 courses. Lovely choice, food tasty, staff friendly, atmosphere relaxed real log fire on the go very toasty. Great for a lovely drive out into the countryside and a super meal.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We visit here regularly and the food is always lovely. The service mostly by teenagers is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble. They usually do a three course menu for a set amount, this had increased slightly as it was Easter weekend but you can’t complain at £14.95 for 3 courses. The carvery is included in the offer and is always hot, fresh and delicious. We look forward to coming again soon

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Booked a table with friends for Easter Sunday lunch. Carvery on the day was just short of £17 for one course and £20 for two. Food was served quickly, not much meat but gorgeous veg to accompany and beautiful Yorkshire pudding. Excellent selection of vegetables. Didn’t plan on desert however, due to the price increase it seemed madness not to take up the offer for two courses. I had salted caramel chocolate fudge cake which was lovely. Great meal in a great pub, however, don’t think we would have booked had we realised the price increase as Easter Sunday. Very expensive two courses for £20 in my opinion although food was really good

1  Thank KimFx
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Never been before, but were having a short break in the area. It would really of helped if there was a information about how their operate the restaurant.
We went to the bar to get drinks and get a menu. The guy said do we want a 2 or 3 course he then said you had to pay up front and then someone would take our order at the table. We did not know what was on the menu. In then end paid for a two courses. Then waited for someone to take the order. My meal arrived, but my Husband had to go and get his pie from the carvery area and when he got there there was a long queue. Which meant that I would be eating my meal on my own. I asked a waitrees to take my meal away and bring it back when my husband was back, which was a pain. Anyway having finished our mains the waitress then returned with some tokens which we had to take to the dessert section. I thought we would pick what we wanted and then bring it back, but they only take your order and then you have to wait for someone to bring it to you. ( I had noted that the customers sitting at a nearby table had left as they were fed up waiting for their dessert.) Anyway, ours turned up and then we left. The food was good for the price, but it was all very frustrating ordering and getting the food. I wonder who dreamed up the idea

1  Thank CID999
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We visited on good Friday so expected the pub to be busy and had pre booked a table. When we arrived we went to the bar to tell the bar man that we had a table booked. He told us the table number and we then had to walk around the restaurant to try and find our table! The staff only helped if you asked them to and it all seemed very disorganised. We had to get up again and ask for a menu and then again 20 minutes later to ask if we could order. (We were told to order at the bar and when we did they told us to sit and order at the table!) It seemed to take a long time to order but the menu was very nice and once we had ordered the food arrived promptly and tasted good. We finished our drinks in the bar area and had to find someone to ask if we could pay. Then we had to pay £14.95 for our meal which was advertised as £10!!! Both the men’s and ladies’ toilets were out of order so there was quite a queue for only one disabled toilet. We won’t be returning.

5  Thank GrayBock
Mark G, Manager at The Plough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Hi GrayBock
Thank you for your kind comments on the food.
I'm sorry we were a little bit disorganised on the ordering system, but you pay at the bar then go to your table where your order is taken. Seems quite simple to me but then again I am a simple person!!
On a more positive note I'm pleased that you enjoyed your meal and it's a shame that you won't be returning as I'm sure we could get this practise put right.
In regards to the toilet; Severn Trent were called out because there was a blockage in the mains; my fault? I don't know but it wouldn't have been long before the disabled one became blocked as well so I didn't really have any control over this major problem.
I will conclude my response by inviting you back and maybe we can have a drink together as I think your review is quite constructive
Mark