“Good value carvery”

Price range: US$6 - US$30
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Island Pool is a clasic country pub serving not only a high standard of food but great tradional ales. We have to offer, a carvery with a choice our locally sourced meats accompanied by a wide variety of fresh locally sourced vegetables. Alongside our carvery we have an extensive menu with a range of foods to suit any and every pallet. We are proud to offer exquisite beef steaks, also sourced locally, and are all cooked to perfection.For Bookings or any information, send us a message or give us a call! We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed June 24, 2018

Went for late lunch at all day carvery,the food was good even though it was quiet still topping up the veg with fresh.Would recommend

Reviewed June 24, 2018

Have passed here many times I was looking for somewhere that had not got a tv because England where playing in the World Cup now much as I want England to win I don,t want it on while I was eating my delicious Sunday lunch everything was good especially my pudding it was a lovely day to sit outside the staff were friendly and we will be coming back.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

We had the opportunity to have lunch with one of our grandaughers on a short visit from university who particularly liked a good carvery and although we had not been to this one we had heard good reports. We booked although on a Wednesday it would not be important!my I think. There where a choice of four meets and the widest choose of vegetables I have seen in a carvery for some time. If you would like an alternative to a carvery there was other things on a separate menu. The service was good and the staff very friendly. My only negative comment would be on the state of the men's toilets. However I would still recommend a visit here for a very good carvery.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

There have been some mixed reviews recently, so I thought I aught to place mine.
We called in without a reservation on Monday evening, and although it was very busy they gave us a table that was reserved but not needed for an hour and quarter.
We ordered the mixed grill and a sirloin steak. it came promptly and we ate leisurely and still cleared the table with nearly half an hour spare. The meal was excellent value for money - (between 5-8pm on a Monday certain dishes, including ours was half price!) they were too filling to manage a pudding!
Well done Island Pool!

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday. Husband is a vegetarian. The website clearly said that you are vegan friendly etc. We were told that we could have veg from the carvery or a spinach and mushrooms lasagne. He chose the lasagne which turned out to be the worse decision! The food came and the waiter said sorry we ran out of salad so we've given you two extra pieces of garlic bread instead. There were 5 pieces of sliced tinned mushrooms in it. The presentation and the flavour was just shocking. He didn't eat his meal in the end. We wouldn't give it to our dog. It felt like nobody cared about what they were serving the customers. The ladies had a pile of used tissues by the sink. Dirty!

Tony C, General Manager at The Island Pool, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

I am sorry to hear u had a bad time with us this is not ours usual standard I will be adding more to the menu for vegetarians I hope you would revist soon and thank you for your feedback