“Award Winning Curry Restaurant”

Champagne Express Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Redditch
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A very decorated Award Winning Indian Restaurant est. 2011. Winners of Tripadvisors Certificate of Excellence 2017. Winners of the Gold Seal, Good Food Awards 2018. Finalists in the Best Asian Restaurant for the Midlands 2017 at the Asian Curry Awards 2017. We are not licensed, it's a BYO restaurant. ('bring your own'), alcoholic drinks establishment. Serving only the finest Indian, Bangladeshi and Fusion foods! We are specialist in Tandoori's, Balti's, Curries and Rice dishes and much more! We pride ourselves in excellent service and if it's a celebration you want celebrating ...than look no further than Champagne Express ... our reputation proceeds us!
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Having recently read an article in the local newspaper on how this restaurant won 'Best Indian Restaurant in the UK' award, we immediately made a reservation. The fact that there was only 3 other guests in the restaurant should have rung alarm bells. As curry lovers, we have eaten in numourouse curry restaurants in both Birmingham and London and we have to say that the Champagne Express firmly counts among the worst Indian food that we have eaten. Our advice is to please choose another restaurant.

6  Thank Leon L
Abdul U, Owner at Champagne Express Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review.

I am very concerned about the integrity of your review and I question if you had dined in with us? I shall dissect your review and give you my reasons why.

We never 'claimed' to have won the 'Best Restaurant in the UK'. (Which you clearly stated). Let me tell you what was printed. 'Out of more than 100,000 restaurants nominated in the UK, we were ONE of 10 nominated in our region!' However we did win an award for being a Finalist at the 'Asian Curry Awards 2017', for the 'Best Asian Restaurant in the Midlands'. It was an honour and a humbling experience!
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank ALL my loyal and regular diners (NOT YOU), for getting us there!
We ALSO won the highest award given by 'Good Food Award', the 'Gold Seal Award'. Which stated, 'in recognition of achieving this standard for the last 3 consecutive years,' and that was CLEARLY printed in the article.
So, what were you reading in the newspaper ..?
I honestly recommend a trip to your local 'Specsavers' is seriously overdue sir!

Looking at our reservations book, we can't identify your reservation or that too under your name? Funny, can you hear that ..? Alarm bells ... are ringing over here too sir!
Even 'IF' you had dined with 3 other tables here, (allegedly and on one of our weekdays) that is not unusual for us. All restaurants have their peak and quiet periods and having less customers at one time, doesn't mean that a restaurant is deemed a bad establishment either. Yet you make no reference in your review of the surroundings of my restaurant, menu or the waiter or waitress that served you, how strange?

OK sir, for one minute, put aside the 'Good Food Award' OR even the 'Asian Curry Awards' OR even 'Birmingham Mails Brummie Choice Award' OR even being nominated in the 'British Curry Awards' OR the 'Master Chef Promotion Award!' ... "Phew!"
YOU ... as a TripAdvisor member since 2014, should've noticed our award (s) from none other than, YES ... 'TripAdvisor!' We had been awarded 'TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence' from 2013, all the way through to 2017 ... that is a staggering 5 consecutive years in a row! 'Cor blimey!' I hear you say? Do you deny these facts? So why did it take you that long to come dine with us, (if you had dined with us?)
Please don't mention it was the article in the newspaper, again? Let me answer that for you. Clearly you weren't here!

Building up a reputable business takes a lot of time and effort: from management, staff and our gifted chefs. So for YOU to even insinuate and insult us, by saying it was the 'worst' and 'alarm bells' should've been ringing, is YOUR deluded OPINION!
We know we can't please everyone but you sir have no taste (If you were ever here?)

You also state in your review that you are a self proclaimed 'Curry Lover', and that you have frequented MANY Indian restaurants in Birmingham & London! Wow ... REALLY! Does that make YOU an expert or a connoisseur on Indian cuisine?
Well, I searched your profile and YOU as a 'level 2 Restaurant Reviewer', since 2014, I could not find ANY other reviews of ANY Indian restaurant in the UK, Europe or any where around the WORLD, let alone Birmingham or London that you so frequent a lot! (Listen ... I can hear alarm bells again!)
Looking at your reviews and your pictures of the food you had in, Croatia, Spain and Montenegro. I still see NO pictures of any Madras, Bhuna or a Vindaloo any where in your picture gallery! And you claim to be a 'Curry Lover ..?' I beg to differ sir!
You wouldn't know the difference from Indian, Kashmiri to Bangladeshi cuisine!

Please for the sake of my insanity, integrity and my livelihood and the good people reading these reviews, at least be honest and give a true account of a certain restaurant or a hotel in the future! Oh and you being a senior reviewer (laughable), make sure your spelling and punctuation is correct when submitting a review ... as no one will take you seriously!

I wait in anticipation for your next review ... (I think it maybe another Indian Restaurant next) as I may have ruffled your feathers!

My advice to you sir, is stay clear of my establishment and stick to the 'Vista, boil in the bag curry' ... which really sums up your taste of your palate, after reading your hideous review.

" Curry Lover, my ___ ! "

Good day Sir!

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

Very nice place nice food and in centre of town by the train station mayne good to book as isn't the biggest of places and does get busy would defo go back

Reviewed November 12, 2017

it was very busy so the service was quite slow but the food was worth the wait everything was really tasty and good value.I went with my wife and two friends and we all said how good it was

Reviewed November 6, 2017

Service is quick, staff are friendly and the food is excellent - spicy and tasty. Train station parking just behind the restaurant

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

After a very good first visit in September I returned with a bigger group of work colleagues. Superb food once again, everyone in the party VERY impressed. Abdul is a great host. We'll be back next week!