All reviews orangery restaurant wedding breakfast four poster bed set in beautiful gardens perfect venue exclusive use special occasion wedding reception very comfortable room amazing wedding staff were attentive afternoon tea sunday morning full english breakfast steak jackie guests
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We booked the Lavender Barn to celebrate my Mum’s birthday on 7th October 2018. The whole process from the initial enquiry to the day of the Lunch was handled beautifully by Mel and all the staff. Everyone was very welcoming each time I dropped by regarding the booking and email communication was always clear and concise, while still be friendly.
On the day of the lunch Jackie was our personal assistant to make sure everything ran smoothly and it did. Lovely food, served promptly, I really enjoyed my lunch, just the right amount.
I would certainly use the Lavender room again for an event in the future. I highly recommend The Old Rectory House for friendliness and professionalism. Thank you everyone x

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2018

The venue outstandingly beautiful, we had a traditional buffet in the Lavender Barn, the service was exceptional, Guests were in awe of how good the food was. The whole evening was a huge success tha bar service was 110% and the entire occasion was made more successful by the Jackie who attended to our every need. I strongly recommend the Old Rectory hotel for that special event. We also stayed overnight and the room was beautiful. Comfortable and charming.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2018

We were given an 'Afternoon Tea with Fizz' Smartbox gift voucher for a wedding present. We chose to redeem it at The Old Rectory in Redditch and it certainly didn't disappoint. The Orangery is just beautiful and the atmosphere was very relaxed. Mel on Reception was very welcoming and friendly when we arrived as were all the staff. The afternoon tea was absolutely delicious. The sandwiches, cakes and scones were all fresh and mouth-watering. I accidently knocked over the glass of fizz and the staff were straight there to replenish it and asked if everything was ok. Thank you for a memorable afternoon. We would love to return for an afternoon of cocktails!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2018

What can I say? What a fantastic, wonderful, quaint Hotel this is. The staff are the most friendliest Hotel staff I have ever met. I was in charge of decorating the room where my Sister was having her reception, so me and my husband stayed the night before the Wedding. The staff couldn’t help us enough. They even let us into the reception room when we got there, so we could start setting up. We had our dinner there at the restaurant. Which was superb food. The room was fabulous. So spacious, and clean. The bed was so comfortable. The receptionist, (Sarah) went out of her way to arrange for someone to open up early in the morning, so we could crack on with the decorations. Then, due to time constraints I couldn’t make it to breakfast, so one of the girls bought me a scrumptious sausage sandwich, and even helped me with the balloon display. Which I will be internally grateful for, because I would never have got it done on time, and probably missed the Wedding!! I would like to say a big thank you to everyone. And you should have won that award this year. Fantastic.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

An excellent little hotel. Very comfortable and clean. This is an old hotel and full of character, older rooms are comfortable. The staff here are what makes this amazing. They really look after you the whole time you are there

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business