“Delicious food in a relaxed environment”
Review of The Clarence Bury

The Clarence Bury
Ranked #22 of 489 Restaurants in Bury
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: A beautifully restored building c.1905 Now open as a ground floor Pub (self Service for food and drink), 1st floor Restaurant (The Kitchen) - all served to you, and 2nd Floor Cocktail bar 'Fallen Angel' for Clarence diners. We also have our own micro brewery in the basement (Silver Street Brewing Co).. We offer pub dining as well as 'finer' dining... And we specialise in beer from 'The Tap' with a selection of Silver Street ales and guest ales too. You can just call in for a drink or a bite to eat. Booking advisable in The Kitchen especially at weekends.
Reviewed July 8, 2018

We stopped by The Clarence for Sunday lunch and I'm so glad that we did. The food was excellent: we both had The Clarence roast dinner which came with an extra platter of goodies, including an oxtail-stuffed Yorkshire pudding which was just divine. The music was great, atmosphere really relaxed and it was a really great place to while away a few hours. My partner really enjoyed the beers from the micro brewery in the basement, too! We'll definitely return!

1  Thank Rachel N
Adam C, Marketing Manager at The Clarence Bury, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thanks for the review Rachel; glad you enjoyed The Clarence roast (once you've had those oxtail puddings you can never go back). See you again soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Booked for a party of six . This is one of the best meals that I have eaten out for a while . Delicious black pudding croquettes and glazed sausages to start. Mains were lamb and duck breast. Extremely well presented and so tender . The lamb flavoursome and the duck breast cooked pink as it should be. We all had ice cream desserts. These were imaginative and delicious. I could have eaten two ! The servers were very attentive and polite. Will definitely return. Well done !

2  Thank Lasrup
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Now, eaten a few times here before and had good food but this time was exceptional, I've actually found a chef who knows how to cook a steak well done without it having any blood or being overcooked to cinder. One of the tastiest rib eyes ever and I've eaten them all over the world.

4  Thank IanUpton
Reviewed June 26, 2018

This was a treat from start to finish. The service was excellent, the range of food and beers excellent. We haD A GREAT TIME HERE

2  Thank EMago
Reviewed June 23, 2018

Having eaten here on a regular basis and the automatic bar owned by the same people including last new years eve and having previously had no problems with food or service on this occasion I was more than a bit annoyed with this visit .

Arrived at 5.15 realised it was a little quite so rang my son to come down with his partner and baby of 7 months to join myself and my wife.
We ordered some gins while waiting . On there arrival a very professional young waitress took our order of 4 starters and 4 mains and 4 drinks at the same time we requested could we just have a little mash and gravy for the baby.
She returned a few minutes later to inform us they couldn't do the mash and gravy for the baby so we requested just mash ( our misunderstanding as she meant we couldn't have either ) .
5 mins or so later the duty manager came over to our table quite rudely tossed the child's menu on the table telling us we would need to order off this for the baby now if this man had a single brain cell never mind some manners he would know a 7 month old baby can't eat fish fingers and chips or anything similar.
He explained all the mash was pre prepped to go along with the accompying dishes so if he let the baby have some they would be short for some of the dishes.
This indicates two things the mash is reheated not fresh and either he or the chef is incapable of any flexibility.
We promptly cancelled our order and went elsewhere
I checked my bank statements this morning and between the two establishments in the last 12 months I have spent £4288 but I won't be going back to either from now on.