All reviews executive room crompton suite duty manager ashton under lyne wedding planner good size bar staff lovely hotel car park buffet style saturday night two night stay hotel bar etihad stadium oldham area food was lovely short stay
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding reception here on September 1st and it was flawless ! Everyone commented how peaceful and laid back the whole thing was - Staff were all so helpful and friendly, they even helped sort extra table centrepieces when 4 of our own got destroyed .... really saved the day - thank you so much Sophie!!.
The food was brilliant and the canapes were amazing especially the mini sausage mash and caramelized onion ones!!!!
The bridal suite - which was a lovely complimentary gift from smokies - was nice and spacious and the Jacuzzi bath was heaven :).
The breakfast was lovely too.
Thanks so much Smokies for making our day even more perfect - we would definatley recommend Smokies to any one looking to get married.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Hicham B, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Smokies Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Dear Kim M,

Thank you for your review.

We are proud of being part of your special day and that you chose us for the reception.

We pride ourselves on delivering an excellent service and try and accommodate all needs of our guests. I am proud of the team for making sure you had a great day with us and I will make sure I share your feedback with them all.

Sophie is a strong team member and is an asset to our hotel.

Thank you for your recommendation, it means a lot to us.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

Food was incredible, service was amazing and special shout-out to the lovely Caroline for her beautiful smile and wicked playlist. Would recommend to anyone travelling and after a hotel and a great feed :)

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Corey E,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at our restaurant.

Caroline is an asset to us and we are proud of the progress she has made.

I will pass on your feedback to the chef and his team as well.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

I booked 2 rooms in this hotel in February. 1 night for myself and my bridesmaid who then stayed alone on the night of our wedding and a double room for me and my new husband on our wedding night. The receptionist was extremely helpful arranging for me to access the double room early so that I could move my luggage over given that standard check in was at 2pm and the wedding car was picking us up to go to our venue at 2pm. Breakfast on both days was lovely. We also had a few friends staying at the hotel with us and we met up on the first night in the bar and ate in the bar. Again the food was delicious and the service was excellent.I would not hesitate to stay here again and had I known that it was a wedding venue (there was another wedding at the hotel at the same time) I would have given serious consideration to booking the venue for my own wedding. I'm not going to get married again just to try it but this would be the perfect location for any large event and when

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Louise H,

Thank you for your review.

Firstly thank you for choosing us to celebrate your special day. I am proud of the team for making your wedding more special and I will certainly share your feedback with them.

Your recommendation means a lot to us and I hope we will see you here again in the near future.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel recently and the reception staff were friendly and eager to help. The room was clean and tidy. They had housekeeping which was excellent if you wanted to go out and have a refreshed bed. There is a bar and restaurant on site which was resonably priced and had a calm atmosphere. The public transport was easy to get into Oldham and Manchester City Centre. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a resonably priced and has a calm atmosphere.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2018

We stayed at Smokies from Friday to Sunday to Celebrate my Granddaughters Wedding.
This hotel is excellent and the staff are very efficient in all aspects, nothing is too much trouble.
As for the wedding which was planned by the wedding planner ...what can I say....it was unbelievable and truly amazing.
Such efficiency ...everything ran smoothly from start to finish.
The food and service was second to none .
Well done to everyone involved in the big day it was a memorable occasion and I recommend Smokies to anyone who are thinking of holding their wedding there.

1  Thank DOUBLEDI