Lowest prices for your stay
US$58
SAVE US$15
Hotels.comUS$55
PricelineUS$48
eDreamsUS$58
All reviews ncp car park railway station taxi rank great hotel iron and ironing board breakfast was included good size manchester city centre great value for money staff on reception cooked breakfast self service one night stay budget hotel yogurt family room following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed February 8, 2020

The hotel is so convenient to the train station, you almost step out off the train and into the hotel.

Everything was good for my one-night stay. The room was modern, clean and fairly well equipped, I slept well in the comfy bed, the shower was good, the red chair was great to sit in (I want one) and the breakfast had everything I needed.

It didn’t have a safe or a fridge otherwise I’d have rated it higher.

There's a 24hour McDonalds just a few minutes walk away, a Sainsbury's Local within a stones' throw.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank Curiosity809968
Carl B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2020

Dear Curiosity809968,

Thanks for placing this great review about the hotel! We dont tend to include fridges or safe's in Holiday Inn Express but there are safes that you can use at reception.

Reviewed January 30, 2020 via mobile

The hotel is a very modern and well presented hotel right next to the train station.
It very clean and tidy rooms and restaurant.
The beds were comfortable.
I enjoyed the spacious shower.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.

The food looked nice and was well prepared and presented, but it wasn't to my liking.
Overall I highly recommend this establishment

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Luke_Potty123
Carl B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2020

Dear Luke_Potty123,

Thanks for placing this great review about the hotel! We really appreciate all of your feedback!

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 28, 2020

Less than two minutes walk from Stockport station, and a short walk from a secure NCP car park (£8.50 for the night with a 50% discount from the hotel), this is exactly what you expect from a Holiday Inn hotel. Rooms are air conditioned and well furnished, suitable for work and relaxation. With a comfortable bed and good bathroom too, for an overnight stay it's exactly what was needed. With a free buffet breakfast, it also sets you up for the following morning in the best possible way. Less than five minutes from the M60, definitely a place to stay if you're in the area and possibly need to hop into Manchester.

Dear JamesSDocherty,

We are really glad that you have taken the time to write a review about the hotel! Thanks for all of your positive feedback, we really appreciate it!

We hope to see you back in Stockport soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2020 via mobile

My partner and I were visiting a friend before heading to Wigan the following morning to attend a family party. It being situated beside the train station was the main reason we originally booked the hotel, but after staying here I’d definitely book it again. It was fantastic value for money. Very clean and really comfortable. Breakfast was included in the price which was a buffet style breakfast (not the most amazing breakkie, but can’t complain about free food) we had Jessica checking us in and also served us a drink at the little bar. She was very polite and helpful. I’d definitely recommend staying here

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carl B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2020

Dear TASHAmc,

Thank you for placing this wonderful review of the hotel, we really appreciate your comments which I have passed on to all of the team now especially Jess!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I had an overnight stay at this hotel on my way home from a Christmas trip to Basle / Freiburg.
Was I glad that this "Express" was at the station, as it was a really cold and wet night, not a good night to be looking around for a hotel.
This hotel is only a few metres / yards away from Stockport rail station and ideally situated to enable an onward journey via the rail network.
Upon arrival I was greeted by a night manager whom booked me into the hotel and mentioned what was available at this hotel.
I had a good idea what to expect as I had just spent 3 nights in the Freiburg "Express" Germany.
When entering my room it was deja vu, seemingly IHG have revamped the "Express" hotels in Europe with all now having choice of Pillow, Iron and Ironing board and the usual amenities like TV, Kettle, Tea, Coffee etc...
My room was spotlessly clean, of good size with Double bed and bathroom space was ample size to include shower.
Next morning I had Breakfast with plenty of choice on offer, Cereal's, hot and or cold buffet, Fruit etc....
It was so nice to tuck into a UK "fry up" instead of the Continental Breakfast's that I had been having earlier in the week. Most enjoyable.
The hotel is Bright, Modern and stylish, and the staff were very amicable and well dressed.
I would use this hotel again, as it is ideally positioned close to the Railway.

Date of stay: December 2019
Carl B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Dear William G,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the hotel. Its really appreciated that you have gone into so much detail.

We hope to see you back soon!