All reviews toby carvery cooked breakfast steak frites complimentary continental breakfast apple caramel miller and carter steakhouse steakhouse restaurant avocado wrap king size a popular place bus links first floor clean bathroom central manchester excellent value booked an overnight stay extractor fan
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Stayed at this hotel on a couple of occasions when on business in the area
Rooms have always been clean and have all the basics including free wifi
There is a restaurant downstairs for evening meals and the breakfast in the morning was fine
This hotel is not the Ritz but if you are on a budget and need to be close to Manchester it is worth giving it a try
I would happily stay here again
Staff were fine although not that engaging

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2018

We will never stay here again or eat at this restaurant.
We only stayed the night because we had a table booked for my son’s 21st birthday and we live 40 miles away but it was nearer for the family to get to.
When we arrived the room looked ok. A bit dated but had everything you needed.
What we didn’t notice because we were in a rush to get ready and go down to the restaurant was a horrible brown stain on the carpet next to the bed. I hope it was chocolate? I didn’t see this until the morning. Before I got into bed I noticed dirty marks on the sheets which were off putting but after the awful night we had in the restaurant I just couldn’t be bothered with the staff there as they clearly couldn’t be bothered.
They couldn’t even mount a mirror in the bathroom right and the shower had black mould all around it. We also noticed the pat tests on the electrical items were years out of date. 2014 was when they were last tested according to the pat test stickers?
The continental breakfast was a joke. We have stayed in cheaper hotels aboard and had better. There were cereals, a few slices of bread and some fruit. That was it. We decided to order and pay for a cooked breakfast and was told we would have to wait 40 minutes? The place had a few other people in there so why it was going to take this long I don’t know? When my partner’s breakfast arrived we were told that she had only made 1 poached egg for me and was making another one so I had to wait even longer. When it did arrive one of the eggs was cold. And they were under cooked. I t was a joke.
When we checked out there were 3 members of staff sat in the bar area talking and clearly couldn’t be bothered asking if everything was ok?
We have put a complaint in 3 weeks ago but haven’t heard back from them.
After visiting many Miller and Carter restaurants in different areas this place is well below the standard.
If you are thinking of having a special meal here for a 21st please make sure they take I.D with them. They have a challenge 21 rule which is not advertised anywhere?
When I booked a table here I told them it was for my sons 21st. I received several emails from them and texts but at no point did they say anything about the rule 21. When we ordered drinks it was only them my son was asked for I.D which he didn’t have. What he did have on his phone was a copy of his passport clearly showing his face and his date of birth plus he had his bank cards but they would not accept this. It ruined the night as we planned to buy several bottles of fizz but what was the point if he couldn’t have a drink? I wouldn’t mind but they had his birthday cake in the kitchen, they decorated a plate with his name on and put 21 on it and even sang happy birthday to him which I felt was a total joke. If we hadn’t of been staying the night and had not of already had a drink we would have left and gone elsewhere. They haven’t bothered answering our complaint so why would you bother going here again. They couldn’t even cook a steak to order.
The service was awful and we felt like they were ignoring us. 20 minutes to take our food order and the waiter we had looked more like a door bouncer who spent the night watching our table, no doubt to make sure my 21 year son didn’t have a drink. The law states a 16/17 year old can have a glass of wine when with their parents and when ordering a meal? He was 21 and with his parents but still they said no even when we pointed this out. I was in tears at the end of the night because of them.
NEVER AGAIN

Room tip: Don't stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here whilst visiting an old school friend. The hotel was spot on. Clean, bright and the staff were really friendly. My room was spotless with a very comfy bed with all the provisions I needed. The restaurant, miller and carter, was lovely. The food was excellent.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Only 15 mins from Manchester airport and also has a Miller&Carter restaurant attached to it. On arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff who genuinely seemed happy with their role. Got offered a larger room at the back which I’m told is the quieter ones as the front ones overlook the main road.
Had drinks in the main bar area and then a fantastic steak for dinner. Bed was very comfy and had a good nights sleep for an early start. Room was only £59 which I thought was great value. Will use again when going from Manchester

1  Thank LardyUK
Reviewed August 13, 2018

I stayed at the Innkeeper's Lodge on a Saturday recently, and was very impressed at the excellent value considering I was staying at the weekend. Nice room, good-sized comfortable bed, clean bathroom. Good free Wi-Fi reception in the room also.

Very useful having the Miller & Carter Steakhouse adjoining the hotel - great for a meal before I headed out for the evening, and also rear of the restuarant served as the location for morning breakfast.

Will definitely consider here again if I require a hotel in the Manchester area in the future.

Date of stay: August 2018