1,616 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

stayed for the night with my partner, the male receptionist who was working was so arrogant it was unreal, we where going for a short walk and as we walked past reception an older lady was asking him (Rob) for directions to her room, he told her and she said 'im sorry thats a lot of information for me to take on all at once, please can you explain it again', this lady clearly needed showing to her room but instead of doing this or asking someone else to help this lady,'Rob' told her the exact same thing again, turned around, proceeded back into the office to sit down and closed the door behind him, this poor lady was left bewildered and confused, i think this man needs to go on a customer services course because he certainly doesnt do his job properly

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank shanidajos
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

Said one night got billed for 2 nights now cannot get a refund, the room was dirty stains on the curtians must of run out of toilet roll spent a few days trying to get a refund which the hotel says i stayed two night dont phone the number on web site if you are going to complain as they will put you on hold or hang up on you which cost me an extra £22

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here so we could visit sick family living close by.
Not the cleanest of rooms and only 1 electric socket in the room for the tv.
I need a mask to sleep plugged into the mains. We did manage to borrow an extension however this then had to go across the room causing a trip hazard for us both (a pensioner and a disabled person)
The top drawer was broke and the bathroom was less than hygienic. Old tired and dirty.
Breakfast was ok..
Since booking I have found airb&b and used in Cornwall. Far better and immensely cheaper. Spotlessly clean.
I would highly recommend as a better option.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We stayed here in August on a weekend break. The hotel was very clean and we had a ground floor room which was very spacious. The meal was very good and plenty of choice for dinner and sweet, even my sister was pleased and she is a fussy eater. Breakfast as with dinner was self service and there were everything you wanted. All staff very helpful and friendly The bar had 2 for 1 drinks from 5pm til 7pm. Compered to every other hotel we have stayed at on one of our weekend breaks it was one of the best. It doesn't deserve all the bad comments provide by other visitors. Would certainly stay here again.

Room tip: ground floor rooms are very good, didn't hear any noise through the night
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here from the 9th until 12th september. I read a few reviews on this hotel before we went and i must say this hotel does not deserve some of the bad reviews it receives.
Yes the hotel is a bit dated but they are on re-decorating the hotel. I found our room to be clean and tidy and quite a decent size. The staff are nothing but very friendly and helpful and the food i could not fault at all, plenty of choice and breakfast and dinner. I would definately stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends