Hotels.com
FindHotel
Trip.com
eDreams
All reviews chateaubriand this family run hotel lamb shank free wifi friendly hotel set menu comfortable room cooked breakfast would definitely stay here again an overnight stay car park evening meal venue motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed October 11, 2020

We went for dinner here last night. I can not overstate how delicious the beef was and how great the service was. We had a chateaubriand for 2, and it was like butter. I've been lucky enough to have a few good steaks, and honestly this steak was right up there with the good ones. I didn't expect to have such a good time before I walked through the door, but from the first minute the staff were attentive without being overbearing and the whole experience was first rate. Then the beef arrived and wow. I'll definitely be going back.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed September 20, 2020 via mobile

Another wonderful meal at The Wycliffe. Met our daughter and her partner for Sunday Lunch. Pre-lunch drinks outside in the sunshine followed by great service and a delicious meal. We have been going here for more years than we wish to remember and the staff are so welcoming, obviously well-trained by the family who own and run this Hotel/Restaurant. If you haven't already tried it, give it a go, you won't regret it. Just a stone throw from Stockport County's Football Ground. Thanks Mark and staff for a lovely afternoon.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2020 via mobile

Once again another superb Sunday lunch at this family run hotel.

Excellent food served on hot plates. As always first class service from the staff wearing face masks.

Social distancing well adhered to. All tables, chairs sanitised after each guest. Pristine table linen and serviettes also changed after each guest. Cannot fault the standard of hygiene.

Well done to all at this lovely restaurant.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed July 5, 2020 via mobile

Our first visit upon them reopening and we had yet another excellent meal. The plates are hot, the food tasty, service is excellent, you really can’t fault them. We wouldn’t hesitate to return here again.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Ellen C
Reviewed March 15, 2020

I confess to one element of initial bias. I recently stayed here after it was booked for me on business. I wanted to be nearer the venue, where there was a great gym on site. So when I landed here I was initially disappointed as this is more the traditional B and B /hotel. I SOON CHANGED MY MIND - The room was comfortable, large a spotlessly clean - they even wipe down the keys here. The staff are attentive, and very helpful and the hotel has a large, free to use car park. The food is excellent. We ate both breakfast and evening meal - both first rate - infact if I lived locally, I would use this location as a 'treat night out'. So I am very happy that the company could not fit me into the other place and I stayed here. I would certainly use it again.

Date of stay: March 2020