All reviews old rectory hungry horse town centre main building the pub car park manchester airport attached restaurant restaurant next door walk in shower comfortable bed cooked breakfast comfortable stay visiting family flight path excellent stay good nights sleep
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Clean, well kept room, free parking, and great location just up from Stockport market place. Reception staff were friendly as were the restaurant staff, especially the overworked Debbie (I think) who looked after us so well at breakfast time! Will stay here whenever we're in Stockport in future.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2018

I don't say this about many hotels, but WOW! How cool that it was so cozy, warm, friendly, and full of all the amenities you'd expect of a much more steeply priced place. I loved the location (just a few minutes from a wedding reception we were attending) and it was tucked away in a very quiet neighborhood.

Aside from the rooms and friendly staff, there was a super pub next door called the hungry horse. Gigantic conservatory and comfortable dining.

I'm dinging the place slightly here because the breakfast was a joke! All I wanted was a piece of toast, and they were going to charge me for a full (quite expensive) continental breakfast! My partner just wanted coffee... and they were going to charge him the same! It was beyond ridiculous, so I just bought one meal and we split it with him getting my coffee and me getting the toast. Even so, it was STILL highly expensive! Don't eat there for breakfast - that's my tip.

Room tip: Don't eat breakfast at the pub next to the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed September 24, 2018

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed last weekend when we visited for a family celebration. It was the first time I'd been back since I married my husband in 2005 (he's from, Stockport, me, Teesside) and whilst it hasn't really changed in the dining area, this time we were in the main building, the last, in the outer extension.
Yes, it's a little dated inside but it's really clean and the staff are lovely and the cooked breakfast the following morning was really tasty.
We won't leave it so long next time!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple