1,933 results
All reviews spa break q hotels evening meal spa staff lovely spa light lunch leisure facilities steam room and sauna bar prices my mum food was lovely wedding reception wedding venue buffet style afternoon tea following morning peak district
Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Evening meal was very poor. I was at a wedding the food was horrible it must have cost a fortune for a terrible wedding breakfast and a buffet at night the cheapest ingredients were used. The only thing I would say was good and that is the breakfast. Sorry but think twice before booking.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jeanette H
Steve L, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

Dear Jeanette H

I am sorry to read that you did not get the opportunity to enjoy the hotel as our other guests do. Our team here work very hard to keep our guests happy and I am pleased and proud of the positive feedback and reviews they receive here.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your detailed feedback which has been listened to and acted upon where relevant.

Many thanks

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

basically paid €134 for 2nd of December 2017. arrive there paid in full not a problem got to our room looked at our four poster bed thinking this is going to be lovely. but then had a closer look at the bedding it was full of glitter an stains like semen on the covers. the wall paper was falling off the walls scuffs all over then went into the bath room there was mould on the shower head then the shower curtain was bloody filthy very dissaponted. asked the manger to sort it out so went for a drink me an my partner for a good 40minutes for them to sort out our room went back up an was in the same state basically just spray some bleach on there way out an in. would never go go back again was a joke! plus there was dead insects on the window ledge.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adrian D

Dear Adrian D

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay.

There is no excuse for poor housekeeping and please be assured that I have addressed this with the housekeeping manager. I have contacted our linen company with regards to the bed covers as all of our linen and covers are cleaned externally and the appropriate action has been taken.

I have also spoken to the duty manager who dealt with your complaint on the evening and I do understand that you were given a full refund - if this is not the case I ask that you do contact me directly.

I do sincerely believe that these issues are an isolated occurrence, but I would like to assure you that I do take your constructive feedback seriously and I can assure that I have acted on this feedback where necessary.

Many thanks

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

I treated my wife to an over night stay with an offer that was on via the Q hotels website.. winedine.
1 night stay with breakfast, dinner to the value of £28pp and a bottle of wine upon arrival.
We were greeted by the lovely Caroline who was training a new employee at the time. Both were very helpful and were very friendly. I had lots of questions which they answered promptly.
Our room was very nice, clean and spacious.
We went for dinner and there was a menu with lots to choose from within our dinner package. You pay the any additional costs after the £28pp is used up on food only. I orderd the cesar salad starter which We shared and I'm glad We did. We both had the rib eye steak which was cooked to perfection. We had a lovely bottle of red wine that went well with the steak.
My wife had a cocktail which took some time but it was definitely worth the wait. There were three bars to choose from and you were able to relax in all three.
We had breakfast in our room. Something I never do but it was amazing. A cracking cooked breakfast with lots of extras.
The spa was also good. Steam room,sauna and Jacuzzi was clean and looked after.
The staff in every area of the hotel was polite and was happy to help. I have already told people what a fantastic time I have had, some of them have booked for next week.
Would like to say another thankyou to Caroline who made our night very special with the little touches and we will be coming again in the near future

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Stephenkirton

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at Tankersley Manor Hotel.

I was really pleased that you a fantastic stay with us and that Carolina our Reception Manager ensured that you had a wonderful stay. I will share all of your lovely feedback with the team and we do hope to see you again very soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed November 30, 2017

We visited Tankersley Manor for a 2 day spa break for my birthday. We had a very enjoyable time. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and very warm and comfortable. Included in the package was a 1.5 hour treatment each. I had a back massage and a manicure, my husband had a neck, shoulder and leg massage. We used the pool, sauna and steam rooms. There were plenty of seating around the pool and everywhere was very clean and tidy. A lunch of jacket potato and dessert and an evening meal to the value of £28. I thought the food was a bit expensive but it was tasty. We were nearly charged for dinner but explained that we were on a spa break. Only criticism was that we were not given anything to prove we were on a spa break when turning up for meals. A voucher system was mentioned in some previous reviews but we were given nothing.

Room tip: We paid to upgrade to a superior room with armchairs, mini bar which was close to the spa facilities.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moviefan57

Dear Moviefan57

Thank you for your lovely review regaining your recent spa break with us here at Tankersley Manor Hotel.

I was delighted to read your feedback and please be assured that I will be sharing all of your feedback with the team. I have noted your comment regarding the voucher and I will pick this up with the spa team.

We do hope that you can visit us again soon for another relaxing spa break.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Stopped for some coffees and a business meeting with colleagues mid morning. The hotel is in a picturesque and convenient setting with plenty of parking. It has plenty of tables and seating for a relatively private meeting. WiFi is free. Service is attentive and drinks are reasonably priced. Overall, good venue.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Steve L, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2017

Dear Fly_Tyer_99

Thank you for your review please be assured that I will share your comments with the Brasserie team and we do hope to see you again in the future for another business meeting.

Kind regards,