“Wedding present ”

Riverside Brasserie
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Riverside Brasserie is an outstanding restaurant tucked away beside the Thames in Bray Marina. The waterside-decked terrace is perfect for alfresco dining, or if you prefer to stay inside the restaurant, with full-length glass doors you can still enjoy the river views. Open everyday from 12pm - 10pm
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I got a voucher to have lunch here for our wedding. We went for my husband birthday.
We had a lovely time and the staff were great. Even though we had to choose from a set menu, they let me go off it for the main course as I didn't like any of the main course. All the food was at a good standard and if we did have any problems the staff sorted it put straight away.
Lastly when we had the pudding they made my husband pudding special by writing happy birthday on it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed January 4, 2018

Very average place in middle of nowhere, doesn't look very appealing from outside, might be nice during Summer but wouldn't visit again. Staff friendly but soon as you arrive asking about Virgin experience voucher and it didn't feel as a special occasion which this voucher was given to me for. Food was good but nothing exceptional.

Reviewed December 10, 2017 via mobile

I took a very good friend out for lunch. The food was very was underwhelming, small portions and not very tasty. It was expensive for what we had. I regularly go to restaurants in London so did not think the menu was overpriced but the food didn’t deliver!
A real shame because the setting and staff both fantastic.

2  Thank Lara150
Reviewed December 1, 2017

We ate here for my birthday and it was enjoyable but not cheap. It's not easy to find especially in the dark as you follow the signs to the marina, park the car a short walk from the restaurant and then follow the signs and feel from the back and side view this can't be right. When you actually get in it improves. The waiter was attentive. The menu isn't extensive. We ordered the lamb chops with new potatoes and broad beans,- not huge but delicious and the fillet steak with chunky chips,- good too. The dessert of panna cotta and cheese was lovely. We could see that in the summer this restaurant would have gorgeous views of the river. We enjoyed our meal and would return for a special occasion.

Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

My friend was given a voucher for a 3 course meal. As soon as we walked in I noticed a smell of stale fat, which wasn’t pleasant. I think they are trying to be something they’re not, as it felt more like a cafe than a restaurant, despite the linen table cloths. The service left a lot to be desired as the waiter had an ‘I can’t really be bothered’ attitude and I felt we were less important as we had the voucher. The food was mediocre and not worth the prices. We had to ask for wine and weren’t offered tea or coffee. Also, the 12.5% service charge was a joke. I will not be returning.

2  Thank Audrey1933