“The food - was just WOW. A very special meal that I will always remember.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waterside Inn

Waterside Inn
Price range: US$0 - US$644
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A 3* Michelin restaurant with rooms on the banks of the River Thames. Chef Patron is Alain Roux.
Southampton, England
“The food - was just WOW. A very special meal that I will always remember.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We chose the Menu Gastronomique for lunch. For the two of us the bill came to around £200 including 3 glasses of wine and 2 champagne. Valet Parking took away any stress of trying to find the place. The service is second to none, discreet, attentive and chatty when you want it. The food - was just WOW. The whole meal was exceptional, I had the Fish Veloute - and I have never had anything so tasty. Great atmosphere too. I think there are very few tables that don't over look the Thames. Alaine the chef had left when we asked for our menu to be signed so they had Michel Jnr sign it, who happened to be there with a whole host of other top chefs - which made our lunch even more memorable! A very special meal that I will always remember.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
“French Cuisine at its very best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We have eaten at Le Gavroche and was concerned that we would be dissappointed after having such a fabulous time there.
It was better!! Amazing service, outstanding views from our table and food that we can't stop telling people about. We both had the degustation, a taster menu of classic French cuisine, pricey but worth every penny.
My only quibble is that we found the price of drinks a little high, we expected the wine to be pricey but not so much for soft drinks. It didn't spoil our day at all and we will definatley be back.

4 Thank Fudtraveller
East Sussex, United Kingdom
“it's a classic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I had to make a trip to the Cotswolds and as Bray is halfway there we chose to stay over and have a proper dinner. This place has been at the top of its game for so long now and the service from the reservation process right through to checkout was nothing less than first class. The room was exceptionally comfortable and had a shared terrace facing out onto the Thames. We had the tasting menu - 3 starters - a main - 2 puddings and coffee - all excellent - a great table with a view, and particularly picturesque with snow falling all night.. Total bill including room food and drinks was £800 - and I have to say it was good value. To try and put some realism to the review, it is old fashioned and very French in a traditional way - but that is no bad thing. We stayed at La Meloise in Burgundy last September and I have to say that slightly edged the Waterside for the food, but not the room.

3 Thank Bikerian60
henley
“Annoying guest at the table next to me!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I'm writing this review in reply of a review I just read from "HUGMEE" who seem to be the ONE table which make our time at The Waterside Inn the most unconfortable. It was my girlfriend B'day too and a table next to us acted as if they were the most important and the only person in the place. Well despite their behaviour "?" we had a wonderfull time and a memorable celebration that if i had to do it again The Waterside Inn will be the place....... We had the tasting menu and some wines our bill for 2 reach the thousand and it was worth it. I love my Burgundy wines.
The reason why I will go back to The Waterside Inn is because I haven't find a place with such warm atmosphere and a exceptionel service. Also that now a day peoples really cannot make the difference between a service and SERVICE, it start with our own education to know how to act in place like that.

Frederic De Maubrun from Belgium

3 Thank frederic d
“Sorry the service was slow, too many people standing around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Setting great, food good but not wow, expensive £1100 for 4 people , but the service was slow .and lacking attention to detail. Needs to focus on getting all those bodies to provide service. Just keep my wine glass full, ask how my food is cooked, resolve when it's wrong , and bring the bill first time and not after the 3 rd time of asking after 45 mins. Taxi waiting outside with the metre running because of a lack of urgency of staff.
My wife's birthday and sorry no wow feeling.

• 3 of 5 bubbles