“Wonderful treat”

Price range: US$0 - US$657
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A 3* Michelin restaurant with rooms on the banks of the River Thames. Chef Patron is Alain Roux.
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

Hard to add much to other reviews. The presentation of the interesting menu is delightful (had to battle hard not to fill up with bread) with the lobster starter and oxtail a particular hit. (Saw sea bass in salt crust being served adjacent which looked fab too).

The service was hugely attentive, although occasionally intrusive given coziness of our rectangular table against the glass (they had to lean between rather than round us) with the maître d' particularly charming.

Lovely too, to see a Kingfisher whizz past on the Thames as we ate.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

We visited during Feb 2018 just after the reopen, booked 4 months in advance.

What can I say, outstanding, as to be expected but more! The service from start to finish at all levels is quite simply the best we have experienced. Nothing is too much trouble, so polite and quick to attend to your requirement.

The dining is out of this world, very refined and precise, packed with flavour and presented/served at the highest level. Any foodie, fine dining fan should attend The Waterside, 3 stars and you can see why. My goodness they put some work in.

We went for the wine pairing with the tasting menu and would recommend.

The stay was lovely, lovely rooms with great staffing.

They made our party welcome and extra special for my Mums birthday.

Highly recommend and we are hoping to return soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

My friend and I enjoyed a belated 50th birthday celebration lunch. The food was fantastic, but even more so the service! The General Manager, Diego is in a class of his own - he is attentive and ooze passion and professionalism. It is about more than just the food - it is the total experience. It is expensive and for some of us an indulgence every few years but well worth it.

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

Been to this lovely place at least 5 times in the last 26 years, it’s not easy to find a place we’re it retains its 3 michelan stars rating for 33 years.

The place is perfect for a romantic getaway in the country side “preferred for lunch” and a sunny day will definitely add to it more glamour.

The food , the service is worth of every Michelin star , absolutely gastronomic and romantic

Thank you Diego and team for making our visit this time memorable

2  Thank ohashem1
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

I'm not known to hand out 5 stars very frequently, but for this restaurant I'd gladly give them 7.

It is an unpretentious food heaven where the finest dishes I've ever had the good fortune to taste, can be bought. From the very beginning of your visit you are in good hands, even down to parking your car. The service is well honed, exceptional attention to detail and always watching the tables.

The tasting menu gets a lot of five star reviews but after the debacle I experienced at Marcus, we decided to go a la carte. I must confess that the tiny amuse bouche of monkfish ceviche was just sublime. Nicest mouth filling in ages. But there was more to come: an expert starter of lobster tail, juicy and sweet, with a dash of caviar; salmon carpaccio with super accompaniments and flavours; sea bass with crispy skin exposed in a moat of smooth bouillabaisse. Halibut in a vodka and lime sauce was original and delicious, the fish cooked perfectly.

The old man Michel was on hand the evening we were there, very intent on surveying the diners from his perch in the corner. Checking on service too, I'd have thought... Altogether he has very little to worry about - his 37 year hold on three Michelin stars is intact and is being well looked after by Alain.

Don't change a thing. This is dining perfection that many aspiring top end chefs could do well to emulate, worldwide.

4  Thank Michael L