“Excellent Pizza and service”
Review of The Jolly Farmer

The Jolly Farmer
Reserve with OpenTable
The Jolly Farmer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Jolly Farmer is a historic pub located in the beautiful countryside of Cookham Dean, just opposite Saint John the Baptist Church. It's a proper pub with great food, local beers & excellent wines. We also have a large playground and dogs are welcome.
Reviewed July 20, 2016

World Class Pizza and quick service having travelled all of Europe this was so good i will return many times

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

Before I write this review, I think it's important for you to understand my monumental hatred towards littering. I think I last dropped a piece of litter out of my friend's mum's car window when I was 12 years old and she came down so hard on me that I honestly didn't think I was going to make it to my 13th birthday!

The reason this is important is because I've just launched my take-away pizza across the church garden (sorry God) which sits opposite the horrible establishment from which I've just purchased it.

One and a half hours. This is how long we waited for our food. One and a half hours. No warning of the waiting time, just a couple of crappy beers and a crowd of unfriendly "adults" to keep us company whilst we sat and pondered over how famous this gluten-free pollo chicken pizza was actually going to be.

If you regularly frequent this place then I'm sure you are treated with the utmost respect and courtesy (rather than being completely ignored as I was at the bar during my attempt at ordering my second bubble-free lager).

When the famous pizza finally arrived and I rudely snatched it away (I'm also a huge advocate of manners by the way), my wife and i were so shocked by what we saw that we both let out a genuine "lol" as we walked away from a smug looking staff member.

My humour then quickly turned to rage and the unfortunate pizza and his sad-looking poultry companion took flight through the holy air which presented itself in front of me.

A great summer evening ruined.

1  Thank beanyyx
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

I came here with my family for Sunday dinner. We were put in a nice little side room which we had to ourselves. We have 2 young toddlers and a baby so it was a little manic! However we ordered our food but one of the waitresses came and cleared our plates away before my sister in law had finished. Then the children wanted to play outside so most of the adults had gone out to the garden too. One of the staff came in to take our puddings order and she made me feel like it was a massive inconvenience that we said we would like to have desserts outside. We told her where we were sitting and to placate her I said that we would be ready to order in 5 mins. Sure enough on the dot 5 minutes later she came or to take our order and again wasn't impressed that we weren't completely ready... she said that if the rest of the guys hadn't chosen already then 'they would have to go without'. We eventually ordered but it's not the sort of attitude or service I would expect from a family pub where they have lots of children/families to cater for. We were made to feel like an inconvenience!

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

Popped in here for a quick pint & something to eat as it looked lovely & got good reviews. Shame we felt very much like we were not that welcome. Beer was flat, bar staff not overly friendly & food took over 30 minutes to arrive (it was not busy). Average quality when it arrived.

Reviewed June 16, 2016

Finally got to this pub for lunch after promising ourselves we'd hunt it out for months - glad we did. A lovely spot in a very quiet village. It is what I would call a proper pub, something that is sadly lacking in number nowadays, it seems. The menu was short (which is a good sign, in my book) but with plenty of variety, the service was friendly and the food great. Chicken under a brick was moist and flavoursome, and my beef pie was excellent. As the footy was on inside, we decided to eat outside in the beer garden, which was a pleasure to be in. We even managed to dodge the rain under the brollies. Will definitely return, and try the pizzas next time.