French Horn Hotel(Sonning-on-Thames)
US$165
The Bull Inn(Sonning-on-Thames)
US$81
Travelodge Winnersh Triangle(Winnersh)(Great Value!)
US$48
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10(Winnersh)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$116/night.

The Baskerville(Shiplake)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$183
US$191
US$126
  • Restaurant
All reviewscoppa clubclock towerjar of sweetsfresh milkfamily suitemain buildingcoach housewalk along the riverlittle touchesriverside locationcar parkrain showerlovely hotelview of the riverbottled watergreat showerlarge room
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Wanted 3 nts away in peaceful location, not dissappointed! Had a lovely room (16) not luxury but comfortable and excellent for price paid. Had a lovely view of the Thames. Booked thru booking.com. Breakfast inc, price if paid seperately is £12.50 but what a breakfast! Portions huge and good choice.
Also had a lounge with 2 double settees and a full size tv in. Small bathroom but spotlessly clean.
Only problem was the room was above the kitchen so got kitchen noise in evening and noisy fan when we were in the lounge area. At 10pm the kitchen staff put a radio on and noise was very loud, we rang reception and they apologised and it went quiet instantly.
Complimentary newspapers, also bottled water each day not just on arrival.
Nearby Twyford great to get the train into London. Parking cheaper after 10am £3.70 for day up to midnight.
Drink prices expensive but same at all pubs nearby. Didn't eat evening meal there, quite pricey.
Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2010

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and once again we were let down by poor customer service. The first time we stayed there were two wedding partys and the hotel guests seemed to take second place to them. When we tried to get a drink from the bar there was nobody allocated to serve us. This time we stayed we had gone to the theatre and returned to the hotel at approx 11.30pm only to find the front door locked and we rung the night bell a number of times but to no avail. We only eventually managed to get in because there were some guests in the bar who wanted to get out and they opened the fire exit door. I have e mailed the hotel with my complaint but tey have even had the decency to reply. The hotel is set in a beautiful location and you get the feeling that themanagement feel that this is enough.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chridrayman
Reviewed November 21, 2010

We drove through Reading looking for somewhere nice to eat and somehow we ended up in Sonning and at the Great House. The banner promised new "signature dishes from Head Chef Raymond Brenner".
We were game so we went in. The receptionist smiled and welcomed us. which made a pleasant change, and we were told we could go through to the restaurant when we liked.
I am so glad we came. The food was absolutely delicious and good value. My husband ordered the Fillet Steak, and it arrived perfectly cooked. We couldn't fault it and the service was excellent. At no time were we rushed or ignored by staff, they were attentive and courteous.
Once we had let that go down, I was greedy and had the Chocolate Raspberry mousse. It was heavenly. The bill wasn't shocking either. Considering the standard and portions it was great value.
We will definitely be returning on a regular basis (I keep dreaming of that mousse!!)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I love the older rooms with character (maybe not everyones taste, but there are modern rooms as well in the clockhouse). The location by the river Thames near Sonning lock s lovelly. Itsonly a short walk along the river through the woods to Thames Valley Park. The food in the hotel is great, with good variety both breakfast and dinner. I always like to stay here when working in the Reading area. The best feature is probably the staff, who do a tremendous job of making you feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My cousin visiting from Ozz invited my brother and his new wife, my sister any myself for a meal here brcause she loves the river and watching the boats. We arrived and had champagne in the garden which was really nice, then were told out table was ready. Firstly we order a bottle of Red wine, the waiter bought a completely different bottle and when asked why he said that they did not sell the one we choose from the wine list anymore!! Ok on to the food....my sister ordered the Streak and Mushroom pie with a puff pastry top...when it arrived no pastry!! we asked the waiter were was the top, he went back to the kitchen and the chef said that he had run out of pastry!!! Have you ever heard of a hotel kitchen running out of pastry? Why did they not tell us that this was not on the menu? It was also very very salty. My brother order a corn fedd chicken breast when that arrived we could not work out what dish it was, there was nothing on the menu like it!! My cousin had the liver and bacon with an onion gravey, when that arrived it was just three slivers of liver -when asked ere the bacon was we were told that it was in the gravey!!! My siser-in-law and I had the rack of Lamb, under cooked but ediable we had given up by this stage. We asked to see the chef but he would not come out of the kitchen. Sweets---Orange and Lemon Bread and Butter Pudding ummm no orange or lemon at all....they was only seven people in total in the resturant now I know why. If you want to have good food DO NOT GO HERE

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family