Rags Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Flaneburg Hotel(Flamborough)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Blue Bell Hotel(Burton Agnes)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsoverlooking the harbourupstairs restaurantdressed crablarge corner bathtasty meallollipopsbirthday mealbelly porksewing kitbig portionsspur of the momentlast fridayfish and chipsbuffet stylelovely foodbottled watersunday lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We had a great meal in here on Easter Saturday, had a table right at the front with the view of the harbour. The food is fantastic I had the largest prawn cocktail that I have had in a long time, my partners soup was also top notch and pipping hot just the way it should be. The main course was no let down either, apart from the fact the we are then to full to have desert as they do knickerblockaglories whcih I would have loved. Will be back again to try the out. Great value for money and excellent service. It was also a shame that we had already booked another hotel.

Room Tip: If I had stayed here one overlooking the harbour would be great
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Overall I would say this is a 3 star that trys to be 4 star and "al a carte" .Very large plates in the restaurant with small qty's of food that is expensive for what you get. My husband had scampi n chips n the chips were oven chips that were very, very dry so he couldnt eat them, and the scampi must have been bought at the local freezer shop not from the local fishermen (which is what you would expect from the coast) I had the carvery type meal and was given three small roast potatoes with the type of beef you buy in a packet from the suppermarket, not cut from a joint and was swimming in gravy, which is ok if you like gravy but I think you should be given a jug to put the amount you like on. When they came to take away our plates the guy asked my husband if he wasnt hungry as he had left all his chips n we said they were very dry, n the reply was, sorry! but he wasnt given a reduction or anything, it seemed as thought he wasnt really bothered. We think we were gven the left overs as it was after 9 o clock and we were the only ones in there. (we went with 2 friends) On the positive side the bedding and towels were very clean and white and the beds were comfortable but the pillows were a little hard. The bathrooms are ready to be updated but this is supposed to be on the agender. The location is good and you have free parking if you are staying there but we wont be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2012

we stayed here 23rd march for 2 nights. from the moment we walked in we were treated like we were old friends.All the staff could not do enough for us.the room was very comfy and clean,there was everything that you needed including sewing kit and even a umberella if needed.We ate in the resturant and the food was superb very genrous portions.The breakfast was also very good.We will definetley be going back, so thank you Julie and everyone

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stopped here with my wife whilst going to a concert. The first impressions were good but the origional room we had was on the ground floor and all we could here were the people above us moving around, so we asked if we could change rooms. The lad behind the bar seemed reluctant to help but did evetually show us a family room overlooking the harbour. We changed to thgis room, it was ok, clean and nice big bath with views over harbour.

Room was very cosy on a cold weekend and we slept well in the confy beds. Breakfast was a little disappointing and had to help ourselves to coffee as we only got offered the one cup but it didnt hurt me to get up. Overall we enjoyed the stay but staff were not brilliant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher C
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I made a last minute booking for a business trip in December and was greeted by a warm welcome and a warm room - both appreciated after a very long journey.
The hotel has stunning views over the harbour and sea and is ideally located for The Spa theatre and other local amenities, all just a short walk away.
My room was clean and very comfortable, the only downside was not being able to connect to the wifi. I've stayed here three times over the last year and never been able to connect to wifi, but if you're on holiday or having a short break, I wouldn't let that put you off.
Breakfast was very good and service was attentive.

• Stayed: December 2011