“Veryhelpful and friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #103 of 121 Bridlington B&B and Inns
UK
“Veryhelpful and friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We booked in with two dogs (a greyhound and a cavapoo). Sue gave us a large room overlooking the front with a seaview It was clean and perfect for the greyhounds long legs. Breakfast was in the small bar area so we could have the dogs with us. It meant we weren't with the other diners but it is a lot better than leaving the dogs in the room - which we would never do - or having breakfast in two sittings. And we would rather have breakfast wtih our dogs than strangers so it was perfect. Breakfast itself was excellent. A little basic in terms of choice of cereals and juice but the cooked breakfast was tasty, well cooked and plentiful with offers of more toast. On the second day Sue cooked veggie sausages for us - good quality ones as well - Linda McCartney - not the mashed potato and diced carrot and peas rubbish masquerading as a veggie sausage.
The hotel is itself a very short walk from the beach and as dogs are allowed from September onwards that was also very useful. The only real issue is parking. There is parking allowed on the street but it was very busy - as the hotel is practically next door to the Spa if there is an event on this doesn't help. However the parking did clear a little after about 9.30pm so it's not too bad. Next time we go to Brid we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
blackpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed at the Winston House in August 2011 again. We have stayed here many times and as usual were made very welcome by Sarah, Ray and Lorraine. Rooms and food were excellent and the location is very convenient. Thanks again for a lovely holiday and hope to see you again next year. Sarah, David and Alan

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Huddersfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

After booking a trip for one night for myself and four friends, I received a call from the owner saying that she needed to alter my booking. She offered me a twin room, a double room and a single room rather than the family room and twin room that I had booked. She said I would be helping her out as she was then able to book the family room to another family which was fine by me! I live in Huddersfield and was having breakfast with my friends when the owner rang me asking how soon I could get there because she wanted to go shopping. I thought this was nice as we could check in early and start our short holiday. On arrival, the owner then told me that she hadn't given me the booking that we had arranged and that we could go elsewhere but being nice people, we said it was ok and the pullout bed in the double room would be fine as we were only staying one night. She then said that she might be asking for more money because the third person in the room wasn't a child even though I explained that I had booked for 5 adults! She then told us we would have to have breakfast in a separate area as the time slot is only HALF AN HOUR and although we were not last down we weren't allowed to eat with the other guests. The owner was unwelcoming and bordering on rudeness!!!! The lady who helped out with breakfast was lovely and made sure we had everything we wanted.

Room Tip: The rooms were clean and comfortable and the bathrooms were clean. My shower was really small!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DoreenHuddersfield

Travellers are raving about these Bridlington hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

Thanks Sarah, Ray and Lorraine for a fantastic stay. Hospitality was first rate and Sarah was a mind of information. We were made very welcome and nothing was to much trouble.

If you like Indian food 'The Saffron Resturant' was excellent and the 'Cafe Bar' at the railway station was a wonderful little gem.

Claire & Helen

Room Tip: 4 poster room, very spacious with modern en-suite.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple