All reviewsrace courseevening discoblack tie eventroom situatedcentral courtyardhaydock racesbusiness userswedding partyprivilege roomrestful sleepcar park chargelovely afternoon teaevening receptionopen golflovely friendly hotelmeeting roomoriginal booking
Reviewed October 14, 2017

I haven't stayed here, I booked afternoon tea twice.. first time I emailed and booked it but when I turned up with my mum we were not booked in, they accommodated us but that wasn't the point so the next time I booked I phoned and the lady said 'I think that's ok' when I asked her to clarify she said yes I think the booking is ok.. I didn't think it was professional so phoned 4 days before just to check and thankfully I was booked in.
I don't ever think afternoon tea is worth the money but it is very nice here and the surroundings are nice, calm and service very good.
It's somewhere that you Can feel its a treat for say a birthday

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Mark I, General Manager at Mercure Haydock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2017

Dear Eviechads12,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your Afternoon Tea experience at the Mercure Haydock. I am sorry to hear that parts of your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. I have taken on board your comments and will be speaking to my team to ensure the necessary improvements are made.

I appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

The Mercure Haydock Hotel has plenty of parking and is well located...junction 23 off the M6
Found reception staff very helpful and courteous. The bar area is well placed with plenty of seats scattered around.
Decent hotel and would be happy to return

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Amanda R,

I very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Mercure Haydock.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive and constructive feedback. I will share your feedback with our team as I am sure that it will encourage all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

We stayed here one night recently as we were going to the races. It is brilliant for this as you can walk to the race course easily so no problem with having a drink or two. I found every single member of staff lovely and friendly. They gave us an early check-in so we could get changed for the races which made life so much easier. It is a very big hotel so you do have to walk quite a way to your room but it is very well soundproofed considering how close to the motorway it is, plus there was a wedding whilst we were there but we weren't disturbed at all.

The room was a very good size with a nice big bed and all very clean. It is exactly what you would expect from a chain hotel of this type. The bar looked good but unfortunately it had been completely taken over by the wedding party so we were unable to find anywhere to sit so we didn't bother. The breakfast was a good buffet, dinner could have been better, two dishes were unavailable, both of which I had wanted. If I went to the races again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear cruella55

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us here at the Mercure Haydock.

Having shared your comments with the team, they are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the issues you faced, we have taken these on board and actioned accordingly, especially regarding your dinner experience.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mercure Haydock in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed October 6, 2017

Had the unfortunate experience of attending a course at this venue. The bar staff were busy making Starbucks coffee so joined the queue, having been snapped at and told where to queue by staff. Attempted to order a hot chocolate from the lady on the till and got the following response "Don't have any. Next". No "can I get you something else ..." etc. At 8am on a weekday and they've already run out - pretty poor stock control. They did a buffet lunch : there was a scrappy handwritten note next to the dishes to inform us of the basic ingredients (for allergy reasons). Thanks for that but I do think a hotel could at least generate a word document to make it look a little more professional. There were no drinks, not even water supplied with the food so I ordered a coke from the bar for myself and my colleague : and nearly choked when she asked me for £6. Won't be recommending them as a venue to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank keen2Xplore

Dear keen2Xplore,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Haydock whilst attending a course. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I have joined the hotel in the past week and will be striving to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to me and my team.

Be rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrences. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Best Wishes

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Wasn’t impressed at all, staff didn’t seem bothered and couldn’t say sorry even when they messed up. We checked in, once finally finding our room and it was two single beds even though when I phoned to make the booking I asked for a double, when having a closer look at the room it was ridiculously dusty, everything I put my fingers on loads of dust came up! Cleaner seemed to have made the bed and forgot about everything else! We complained to the receptionist, the beds wasn’t that much of an issue but the dirt in the room was awful. We got upgraded to a premier suite which wasn’t much different from the standard, you pay £30 more for an expresso machine in the room. We went down to the bar for a drink the guy behind the bar had absolutely no clue what he was doing! 2 drinks took over 5 minutes to be poured, must of been his first shift! Anyway the next day we went for breakfast which I can’t fault, great variety to choose from but on check out we had to pay £5 for parking, surely when we are booking we should be told this!?! We also got over charged for the drinks we had and when we bought this to their attention we didn’t get a sorry or anything...the best part of our stay was the drive out of it !! Staff need re training.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Paige_Sommer
Mark I, General Manager at Mercure Haydock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Dear Paige_Sommer,

Thank you for your feedback, which I am keen to discuss with you further. I have recently joined the hotel and I am keen to investigate your stay and provide the necessary response.

I will contact you directly regarding this, however, please feel free to give me a call or to email me directly.

Regards