“Very pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Hounslow
Nottingham
“Very pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Spent night here prior to son leaving for States. Friendly, helpful, efficient staff. Reasonably priced drinks and snacks. Spotless, comfortable rooms with everything you would need. Would DEFINATELY stay again.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms and both perfect so just book.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank NottinghamEssexGirl
Kerry C, Manager at Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us at Premier Inn Heathrow (Bath Road).
I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay from the friendly, helpful, efficient staff to the reasonably priced drinks and snacks.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - for the best rates and the quickest way to book please visit our website.
Kerry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,230)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kitchener

Premier Inn, 15 Bath Road
Very easy to get to from Heathrow. I landed in Terminal 3 so I caught the H6 Hoppa bus. The cost, 8.00 GBP return. Just keep the return ticket. The hotel can give you the schedule of return to Heathrow.
I got at Premier Inn at 8:00 am so my room wasn’t ready. I grabbed a coffee from the hotel in the corner with the sign Costa. I sat around for half an hour enjoying the coffee. I didn’t want to go inside London yet until I could get my passport and money in a safe and there was no safe to offer until I got to my room. She stored my luggage and I walked around Hounslow area. I found myself at Ramada Hotel. They had an Internet that I fed it 1.00 GBP for 20 minutes. I went into a little grocery store and bought some croissants, juice, chips for the next couple of days. I had my own coffee maker in the room.
At 11:00 am I asked for a room. The clerk said she didn’t have any. “But at 8, I saw you check people out. You must have something by now.” She looked. I got a room, stored my stuff in my hotel safe (they charged an extra 1.50 GBP a day) and headed to Wimbledon.
At Premier Inn, I was told there was a bus to Hounslow West tube station and have exact change. The concierge at Holiday Inn said there was a free shuttle bus to Hatton Cross Station that can be caught from the Marriott (about a 10 minute walk from Premier Inn). In fact, you don't have to go all the way to Marriott. There are traffic lights before Marriot turn left Keep walking a bit behind some buildings. Standing at the bus stop, you're facing the landing strip so you'll be entertained with the planes landing about every 45 seconds. Look for bus # 285, 423, or 555 for free ride to the station.
The tube from Hatton Cross takes about 40 minutes into London (but depends on where you’re going). It took an hour to get to Wimbledon.
The hotel features a restaurant called Thyme and a bar (which you can also get food). I ate at the bar one night. Food was fine.
The hotel also has computers but you have to feed your credit card information or get some sort of a voucher (lady explain at front desk but I didn’t really understand).
Most hotels have the small shampoo/conditioner and lotion. But this hotel, if you forget yours, there’s this nice little note in the bathroom saying you can purchase some downstairs. So much for complimentary small items anymore, eh?
I really had no complaints of my stay here. It wasn’t very noisy despite being near the airport. My room faced the street.
Would I stay again? I'm not sure. Maybe?

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that you didn’t have any complaints regarding your stay with us – and that you found the room quiet plus enjoyed dinner in our Restaurant.
We do offer 30 minutes free internet – after that time it costs £3.00 for 24 hours access which can be paid by credit card as prompted or if you prefer to pay cash the Reception Team can take payment and provide a code.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I stayed here with my son as his rugby team were attending a tournament at London Irish, it's as you would expect, a hotel geared for travellers being so close to Heathrow, however it had a decent bar/restaurant area and was certainly one of the best Premier Inns I have visited. Only downsides check in was very slow and the food ran out at breakfast and the staff seemed incapable of bringing out more than 3 eggs at a time for a queue of approx 30 people.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay. I have passed on your comments regarding the slow check in, and with the issues at breakfast in order to improve in the future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This Premier Inn has many good qualities. The bedrooms are large, clean and decorated to a high standard. The bathroom facilities are first rate. The check in procedures, both for the car park and the hotel, were quick and trouble free and the large atrium contains an ample array of establishments from which to purchase meals and drinks.

The majority of bookings will be for a single night prior to a flight from Heathrow. This means that people are arriving and leaving at all times of the day and night (I myself was checking out at 4.00 am). Initially I was quite pleased to have a room near the lift as it was not far to walk. The big disadvantage that I found, however, was the lack of adequate sound proofing in the room. There was a continual pounding noise as people walked past from the lifts to the rooms down the corridor and back again.

I would recommend this hotel for a stay prior to a flight from Heathrow but my tip would be to ask for a room at the end of a corridor well away from the lifts where people are not continuously walking past. Alternatively take some earplugs if you want to be guaranteed of some sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay from the large and clean rooms, the bathroom facilities to the check in and array of establishments. However, I am disappointed to hear that you continuously heard noise from your bedroom. As part of our Good Night Guarantee I would be happy to refund the rate from your one night stay. Please contact me on 0871 5278508.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

One night stopover here - arrived late, slept for a few hours and departed that morning but despite the short time I was here I really picked up a positive vibe from all the staff including the reception staff who were on duty at 1am when I arrived, the Barman through to the breakfast staff - all very friendly and helpful. Very large Premier Inn with a spacious lobby - despite the number of people checking out in the morning it never once felt overrun as hotel loobies often do! Comfortable sleep, clean and functional room, good breakfast and away - just what I wanted from this particular stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay from the friendly and helpful staff, clean room and good breakfast.
East Midlands UK
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I normally stay at another hotel along the Bath Road, but decided to go somewhere different. Upon arrival, the receptionist was very welcoming.
It's handy for the Hoppa - H56 - which operates to and from T5. From the front entrance, buses 105 and 111 also go to the airport's central area.
If you fancy a quick bite, Costa Coffee provides hot/cold drinks as well as savoury snacks and cakes/pastries. The restaurant also does meals at very reasonable prices.
Unfortunately not all fellow guests observe the Do Not Disturb sign hanging on the door handle. At 02.20 I had to go into the corridor and chastise a woman! (Not the hotel's fault.)
All - in - all, a good place to stay. I'll be back!

Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay from the welcoming Reception Team Member to the Costa Coffee onsite.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed here for two nights, the bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and spacous. Our room was on the ground floor, unfortunately we were not told beforehand that the bathroom fittings were installed at a height suitable for disabled persons and as such found them to be a little too low for comfort, or maybe this is the situation in all rooms regardless of location? Despite the external environment there were no problems with noise. We enjoyed our evening meal of grilled salmon in the restaurant and the choice of items on offer for breakfast were more than ample. The staff were very friendly and efficiant. My only criticism is the parking fee, as a resident customer I feel that this should be included within the price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member,
I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with your stay from the clean, spacious and comfortable room to the dinner and breakfast taken.
Kerry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hounslow
1.5 km away
1.7 km away
Ibis Styles London Heathrow Airport
0.4 km away
Ibis London Heathrow Airport

Been to Premier Inn London Heathrow Airport (Bath Road) Hotel? Share your experiences!