See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely disgusting, they should be paying the guests to stay - smelly, hot, bed was lumpy, ripped wallpaper hanging off, the whole hotel needs a refurbishment!! My wife didn’t sleep all night and also due to the low flying 747’s directly above as very close to the airport, we thought that there was an earthquake.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Shalimar hotel on 19.06.18 as we were going to Rolling Stones concert in Twickenham. A smell of damp was apparent when we walked in to our very small basement room. It was not possible to ventilate the room because the windows opened at ground level and posed a security risk from the road outside. We were not able to walk barefoot because the carpet was so dirty. The ceiling in the shower room was grey with mould and the taps were broken. There was no kettle but the standard of hygiene was so poor we would not have made a drink anyway. There was no breakfast but to be honest I would not eat food prepared on these premises. I find it hard to believe that this hotel has passed the required inspection. I would not recommend anyone to stay here. I am well travelled and do not make these comments lightly.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ajs987
Reviewed June 20, 2018

We booked this hotel as we were seeing the Rolling Stones at Twickenham. It is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. It is disgusting the carpets are dirty the sheets were clean but the cover looked like it hadn't been washed in years. The mattress was lumpy with springs coming through.
We booked B&B direct through the hotel but when we arrived were told no breakfast, maybe that was a good thing because I wouldn't have been happy eating anything that had been prepared in their kitchen .
The planes are going over every minute and very low so from early morning it is impossible to sleep.
We paid £90 for the night what a rip off.
How this hotel is allowed to trade I do to know but Tripadviser and Booking.com should not be advertising this hotel. DO NOT GO THERE.

Room tip: Don't choose a room.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank christineNorwich
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Visited the hotel 16th of June 2018 got the quadruple room for my family. Very much unhappy with all the beds esp especially the double bed which me & my husband used. The bed frame were disconnected n different. The mattress was very very worn out and not leveled. It's like there is a lower part in one side n the other side is higher. Didn't sleep at all. At 3am can't bear anymore I just sleep on the carpet floor. It goes as well with the 2 single bed's mattresses which my daughters used. Very worn out. We had sore back and headache the next day. The hotel stripped us out of a good chance of weekend holiday in London. Went back home early because everyone was so tired n never enjoyed the weekend. I leave a letter to the hotel hope they will take measures with my complaints. I don't recommend this hotel at all. Pay more and be sure to get hotels with names to avoid disappointments.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Anna May R
Reviewed June 17, 2018

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in my entire life. Wow, Doesn't deserve a 1 star, that is too generous! I arrived at the hotel 00:30 midnight last Thursday and I was charged for a full night which was understandable. I said to the person on the front desk that I would probably pay for the second night the next day as I would like to see if I like it first and she said no problem. There was no contract signed, no deposit or anything else regarding the second stay. So, she took us to the room and already, me and my friends were already looking at each other in disgust. Brown stains on the walls, uneven flooring, stank of cigarettes and a lot of food crumbs on the carpet. We got into our room and the stench of cigarettes, Musky smells and dirty bed linen was unbearable. It was 1 am at this time so we thought to just get ready for bed and complain the next day. I walked into the bathroom and my goodness, there was an unflushed number 2 in the toilet, brown marks on the wall next to the loo roll, toothpaste marks in the sink and sticky floors (probably from urine as that was what the smell was!)... This hadn't been cleaned since the previous people or it was some sort of joke because the room had clean towels in and the beds have been made so why was there a dirty toilet..? Hmm.. Anyway, I was lucky that I bought my own blanket as I refused to put my head on the pillows... Wallpaper peeling off, dirty window cills with cup rings, litter thrown on the balcony, cups and spoons still dirty from the people before, a dodgy fan that blew out dust! There was also a door in the room connecting to another room that was unlocked. We heard people running up and down the hall way at 4 am, and I hardly slept because of how filthy this hotel was. We went to check out the next day and nobody was on reception... I was in a rush because I was working and we waited a while but still nobody so I had to leave.. Also in the lobby was a woman in a bed sheet and bra and pants on the phone... Shalimar Hotel is known for prostitutes so think what you like! My friends went back later on to check out and Shalimar charged us for another night! Wow I was so angry... I asked why and they said they were charging me for the night I said I would stay but 1) I said I would give them the money in cash and 2) We signed no contract, it was just by word and there was no way I was going to risk catching a disease staying there again.. Anyway, they took off 50% but I was still so angry. I reported the mess and said how disgusting the room was but they just had excuses. this was on the phone and they kept shouting at me, tutting at me and not owning up to the fact that the hotel was unacceptable! They spoke over me yet asked me to explain why I was so angry.. Absolute jokers. The staff were so rude, like beyond what I have ever experienced in my life and they robbed us of our money. They are fraudsters and have no respect for their customers. Cannot believe I stayed in such a dive. Worst night I have ever had. Ever. I didn't get my money back but I said to them to get some decent cleaning products with the money and some new staff.
Theres no wifi, it is not wheelchair friendly.
I am considering reporting them to the council as this is a place that is definitely a health hazard. Please do not stay here guys.

• Trip type: Travelled on business