All reviews pool jacuzzi fully equipped gym sky channels huge tv left open a small car park fourth floor executive room minute walk from the hotel cooked breakfast hotel management tea and coffee facilities mini fridge brilliant hotel thorpe park on site parking hounslow central tube station
Reviewed October 11, 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here and we got a great price considering the location! The room was gorgeous with a huge TV which had Sky an added bonus. The bed was massive and really comfortable. We didn't use the leisure facilities so I can't comment on them but there is access to swimming and a gym. We didn't have any issues with security, you needed a room key to access the hotel rooms when going up the stairs and we returned to the hotel around 2am and the doors were locked so we needed to use the intercom for the receptionist to let us in. We parked in the hotel carpark its £15 for 24 hours it's under the hotel and has cameras for security. We didn't pay for breakfast, we went to the local wetherspoons instead it's a 5 minute walk. Would definitely book again, also only 2 minutes from the tube!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2018

Accommodation wasn't to the standard, soiled carpet, bathroom seals mouldy creating a strong smell of damp and moisture in windows. Bed linen had stains of blood and what appeared to be fluids. Noisy corridor at night and woken up by someone knocking on the door. Opened and it was an escort offering her services, scary. Security issue allowing strangers to guest floors. Breakfast a real shambles and the girl at the desk could not care less.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

I stay quite often at the Hounslow area and The Continental was my top choice so far. I have to make changes now.

The renovated rooms are too small - no moving space. The desk is an apology. The inbuilt iron table is a joke.

The maintenance also seems poor. The key card sensor on the door lock refused to work, in the morning and delayed me by 45 minutes - on a day when Piccadilly Line was on strike.

While the location and access to the gym are attractions, I doubt if I will come here again

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

First of all, forget the pictures you have seen on hotels.com. These pictures do not present the reality of the hotel standard. Secondly, the four stars this hotel claims to have is close to fraud.

Short description.
- Dirty bedlinen on arrival
- Mould in the shower and the sink (see pictures)
- Dirty walls, windows and curtains.
- Humidity damage (ceiling and where the AC I located), risk of mold in the AC unit).
- The whole hotel smell of chlorine and must.
- In general, a worn down hotel, which should not be open to the public!

After complaining about the above mentioned, we were given another room. When the new room was in even worse condition (see pictures), we decided to leave the hotel three days earlier than planned (NO REFUND!). Do not waste your money here. We booked another hotel in London.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H B
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

This two night stay was suppose to be a relaxing get away for me and my partner’s seven year anniversary, sadly this was not the case. We checked in to the hotel around 7:30pm on the Saturday night. The man on the desk was polite but check in was slightly rushed and not particularly welcoming but we gave him the benefit of the doubt considering he had another customer complaining and working in retail myself know this can be challenging. When we got into our room we were so pleased we had picked this hotel to stay in as the room itself was beautiful and very cosy, exactly what we wanted. We then ordered £70 room service which was also perfect and very delicious. Unfortunately this is where the enjoyment ended. At around 3:30am we were woken up to the sound of the fire alarm which you can imagine was absolutely terrifying as we were half asleep running around our room trying to get dressed in a hurry scared that the building was on fire. The alarm then stopped and being half asleep we were very confused on what was going on, so I called down to reception. After a few tries (I’m guessing other guests were calling also so that is understandable) I finally got an answer and the receptionist who answered had a poor attitude and no regard that we were woken up and just told me that the alarm “tends to go off” which to me is completely unacceptable, how can you have paying guests stay at your hotel with a faulty alarm which obviously regularly goes off and think this is ok. When I questioned what he meant by it “tends to go off” he just repeated him self and informed me that they were going to sort it out, he did not apologise once and just seemed very defensive. We decided to try to get back to sleep with the adrenaline pumping through our bodies and I was actually shaking and near to having a panic attack as my anxiety was through the roof. About 15/20 minutes later the alarm then sounded again. This time only for a short period of time. So my partner called down to reception again and asked if we should leave our room as we thought it was strange for a fire alarm to keep sounding at 3:30 in the morning. We were told it was being sorted and that we could stay in our room. I felt very on edge trying to get back to sleep because we thought maybe it could have gone off again but finally did get back to sleep. Then at 7:30am it sounded again, this time I just put my pillow over my ears and tried to get back to sleep. This was silly of me to presume this was a false alarm again as if it really was a fire I could have burned alive as I was previously told the alarm goes off when there isn’t a emergency and that I should just to stay in my room and ignore it. We then woke up at 10am to get some breakfast. I thought as we were both very tired from our interrupted sleep I would call down to reception to see if it was possible to get breakfast in our room. I was told I needed to come down and “do it my self” I understand that this is the case but it was the attitude in the ladies voice which really shocked me. I then asked her what time breakfast actually finished and was informed 11am, I then said how this isn’t going to give us a lot of time and that I would have been up earlier if I had got some sleep. The lady then mentioned the alarm saying “oh it happens” I told her no it doesn’t just happen it’s unacceptable and she just replied “well it did” literally no customer service skills at all, again didn’t apologise once and was just very defensive. We then went down for breakfast, using the stairs as the lift was broken down. We stood by the front section of the breakfast area to be seated like we would at any other hotel we go to for about 5 minutes. Not a waitress or waiter in sight. So I ask the receptionist what we should do and she told me just to take a seat and let someone know our room number when we spot them. So we found the only clean table left in the restaurant and sat down.
Then went to select some breakfast from the buffet to find there was practically no food left, literally about 4 rashes of bacon, beans and a few eggs. I saw a waitress walk by and I politely asked her if there was going to be more food brought out as I knew breakfast was ending soon to just have a defensive respond of “we are busy” again no information given or even a apology. We waiting for about 15 minutes and there was still no more breakfast brought out so I just thought forget it as I was tired and over it. At this point I didn’t want to stay any longer and was going to leave the hotel and not stay our second night but my partner convinced me to as the room was nice. We went down to the bar in the evening to find it was closed along with the restaurant which meant we had to leave the hotel for a drink and order food in through another restaurant. Luckily no alarms woke us up the second night which was great. The next morning if I’m honest I was completely done and did not want to even attempt breakfast as thought what was the point when everyone that works at this hotel clearly doesn’t want to be there, do not care about their customers and have absolutely no customer service skills at all. So we skipped breakfast and checked out. Check out was fine again seemed very rushed, no mention of the alarm or a apology. So as you can tell I really did not enjoy my stay at this hotel and really would not ever want to go back. I could have over seen each issue if I got at least one “sorry” but no one cared and just wanted to act defensively. I don’t think that it is acceptable that any paying customer should go through this and find it very unfair.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple