All reviews sky tv gold's gym huge gym pool jacuzzi service hotel great air conditioning leisure facilities coffee facilities ordered fish and chips left open a small car park fourth floor around midnight cooked breakfast minute walk from the hotel hounslow high street executive room
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel 4th-7th October with my partner it was a 3 night stay to have a little break. We checked in the Thursday - Sunday.
Throughout our stay we was hearing noises in the room but thought nothing of it.. it sounded like the AC or the fridge was having problems.

Plus these noises were occurring early hours of the morning so we was both half asleep until the final night for some reason a loud noise happened..

We had a plastic bag on the floor and that’s what triggered us to wake up and guess what we found!! Believe it or not there we’re 3!!!

We complained to reception and up to this day now I am still waiting for my refund they promised!!!

Terrible customer service the way this was handled and disgusting health and safety if you ask me.. guests are sleeping with rodents in the room

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

The rooms Are lovely and all above ground level.

It’s a shame that the lift ‘Will be fixed next week’. It wasn’t, we stayed for two weeks and the fact the signs were laminated suggested they were or had been there for a while. Fine if you’re on floor 2 but anything over that it’s not worth staying.
The pool is an experience. It seems to be used by a lot of the locals rather than hotel guests and Its exceptionally cloudy and dirty looking, we gave it the benefit of the doubt but the level of chemicals in it stings your eyes before you even start swimming so we left. The chemicals being used to clean the changing room floor on the way back out was so strong it choked us to the point We grabbed our clothes and just left in towels. Not cool.
But the rooms are lovely, although there’s no openable windows.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

if you want to be lied on then the continental is your place the staff decided they wanted to throw us out of there hotel because suspicious behaviour walking from rooms breaching the peace doing drug transactions outside take in mind 9 black ladies being there for there birthday but the police didnt see that we did anything wrong so they went and left us there they didnt want to refund us our money the manager would not come down to sort it out she left her foul mouth minions to deal with it one of the front desk man offer to settle this outside this place is a joke broken lift have to be walking to the 2nd floor some resident playing music like they were in a night club but quote we breached there peace i will never and i encourage decent people to never stay there they ruined my birthday we spent over 800 pounds for the worse birthday ever and i will be taking this further

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Quick Answer:
Broken front desk computer system
Bickering Staff
Broken/Missing Shower Door
Broken/Missing Toilet Paper holder
Broken Bathroom Door
Firehose Faucet
Broken Electronics
Staff who don't communicate with each other

Well... It all started when we attempted to check in. The two staff members at the desk started bickering over who gets to use the one computer (even though there are three computers at the desk). Turns out their system was down and the one staff on the phone was talking to tech support but didn't really want to give up the only working computer to allow the other staff to check us in. Once we had our keys they then informed us that their one and only elevator is broken so we'll have to use the stairs, and the elevator would be fixed the next day. We thought ok, it's only the second floor... Second floor of rooms isn't really the second floor... Four flights of stairs later (with a locked glass door you have to get through half way up) you get to the 'second floor'. The one staff member did offer to help with my suitcase but it's huge and likely weighs almost as much as she does, and it's four flights of stairs. We put our stuff in the room and left to return the rental car. Upon our return it was time for a shower. Once in the shower you realize you can't get out because the handle to open the shower door (that swings into the shower) is missing, obviously ripped off by a past guest and never replaced.

Sit down on the toliet and that's when you realize the toliet paper older has been ripped off the wall and is missing. The mounting bracket is still on the wall, but the toliet paper in on the shelf behind your head.

Wash your hands you and the floor get soaked. The facuet is a fire hose. Turn the tap on just a hair and you get enough pressure to end up with water spots all over your shirt. Turn the tap on as you would any normal sink and thanks to the ramp design of the sink the water litterally shoots clear across the room soaking you in the process.

The cold water faucet also completely fell apart on the first night.

Just don't try and close the bathroom door because the handle was just about ready to fall off the door.

On our departure day we didn't need to be at the airport until about 3pm, so we asked for a late checkout the night before. The guy ask the front desk said no problem moving the checkout from 11am to noon no charge. We said perfect, we'll take it. The next morning at 1105am housekeeping is knocking on the door. We said we have a late check out. At 11:10 the phone is ringing from the front desk asking when we'll be leaving, we tell them we had asked for a late check out. At 11:20am there's a knock at the door from a manager asking when we'll be leaving... And that's when i slammed the door closed.

A minor but annoying issue: the USB station at the desk to charge your phone was also broken.

They did offer to move us to another room when we told them about all the broken stuff. Not only did we have lots of stuff because it was the end of our trip, but i also didn't want to be moved to a higher floor with a broken elevator that is now noted as 'going to be out of serivce all week waiting for parts'. It's already four flights to get to the second floor... And clearly they wanted us gone asap so they could flip the room and give it to the next guest so they could keep everyone on the lower floors...

The rooms are also very electronic. Touch panel controls all over the room. They all use bright blue lights. At night the room glows bright blue because there is a control planel beside each bed, at the door and at the desk. If you know anything about humans and light you'll know that blue is the light that keeps us awake regardless of our desire to sleep. It's what makes screen time so bad before bed, the amount of blue required to produce white...

Room Tip: Try the hotel across the street....
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrPotter02
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

The hotel was not too bad, it has a lot of potential however the bathroom needs updating, toilet seat looked like it needed a good clean and there was a weird smell to the room. Maybe the carpet needs to be cleaned, window opened and an air freshener plugged in!
As for the spa treatment it was supposed to be for 30 minutes and my facial lasted for 15/20 mins. It wasn’t a relaxed experience for me, I felt the lady was rushing and the products used on my skin was not good quality. My friend had a body polish which lasted 20 mins and she didn’t really feel much difference to her skin.
The sauna and steam was separated from the pool and jacuzzi. The sauna and steam was women only as it was in the changing rooms. It was clean, the only problem was that the steam room was not working. I went to the receptionist to inquire about this and she said it had stopped working 10 mins ago. I was annoyed by this as I prefer steam to sauna. The jacuzzi was closed when we got there but this was due to them testing/ cleaning the Jacuzzi reopened within 10 minutes so I didn’t have an issue with this. The pool and jacuzzi was a bit over crowded with men so my friend and I didn’t stay too long. Also there is a note of acceptable swimwear that can be worn when using their facilities. I wasn’t too happy with this as feel you should be able to wear whatever swimsuit/ bikini you feel comfortable in. If you are looking for a relaxing spa experience with lovely treatments that are value for your money I would not recommend this place. In future I will spend the extra money and book a more decent hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends