“Excellent Food and Customer Service”
Review of Red Lion

Red Lion
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Shepperton
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Red Lion Pubis one of the oldest established riverside pubs in Shepperton, situated between Sunbury and Chertsey, on what was, for many years the road in the Parish. This was the building occupied by the first known licensee, Robert Reed, between 1722 and 1730. From our bar to our Restaurant- whether you are coming in for a pint, coffee or a business meeting we will cater for all of your needs in a very professional but relaxed style.
Reviewed April 27, 2017

We were looking for pubs and came upon RL for lunch. The staff were friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to make our visit memorable. So memorable that we came back for dinner the next night!! The first time I've had a Scotch egg and was blown away, delicious. The tarter sauce on the fish was very flavorful with fresh herbs. Great atmosphere. Beautiful view of the Thames but was too chilly for us to sit there.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

You could not find a more friendly pub to stop at. We had 6 people in our group and we were made to feel at home right away. There was a great selection on the menu from Scottish eggs to the most tender mussels I have ever had We went for lunch and for dinner because we all enjoyed it so much. I wish this pub was around the corner from my home!

Reviewed April 26, 2017

My 5 American lady friends and I were visiting the area and we fell upon RL. They are real foodies, plus they wanted a good experience of our English pubs. Not only was the food delicious, the atmosphere was so friendly, customers and staff alike. How about this for customer service - one of our ladies had taken a coffee break in the high street and we were concerned how she could find us. To our surprise and delight, the kind manager asked the owner of the establishment to go and collect her! No wonder we returned a second time! Thank you to all for a special experience. I'll be back.

Reviewed April 20, 2017

We ate at the RL for the first time earlier this week and our order included fish & chips, pork belly, mussels and a kiddies cheeseburger. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal but special commendation to the RL for serving the BEST fish & chips EVER ...& I've eaten in Harry Ramsdens!!
The fish was beautifully cooked in the lightest, tastiest batter and the mushy peas were just like the ones we used to make years ago - proper steeped peas! Not over faced with chips and very nice tartre sauce.
I often fancy fish and chips but soon feel defeated and bloated when eating them, but not this time! Will definitely be back for more!
I believe there is a fish & chips take out facility there on a Friday.
The staff were all very helpful - the bar busy - and the outdoor seating offered a lovely view of the Thames.

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Great service and the staff are friendly.
I would recommend the RED LION for great food and brilliant service.