All reviews train station bushy park full english wedding reception the main hotel bar and restaurant hampton court stayed here for one night free parking double room teddington high street teddington station nancy twickenham carvery pringles rugby
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Until recently, I have been involved in a fortnightly networking breakfast meeting that we have held at The Park.

Since the property was taken over by Young’s Brewery, service and food quality has hit an all time low.

Although Nancy, the Food & Beverages Manager, & her colleagues in the restaurant, offer good service, they are constantly let down by other staff, who are far from welcoming & constantly forgot that our group of around 15 attendees were visiting on a Thursday, despite numerous emails confirming details.

Food can be described as average, at best. Coffee is bad, sorry undrinkable at times, which has often made dirty dishwater look tempting.

Reception staff seem not to realise that they are the face of the hotel, and perhaps it’s time that they remember to tell their faces to smile.

The hotel is due to undergo a refurbishment, which in many areas is badly needed.

Our group will not be returning and neither would I.

There’s no way I would recommend this establishment to anyone, based on my experiences.

Trip type: Travelled on business
DorindaB22, Guest Relations Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Paul
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you felt that you needed to write such a thing. In our defence there are times when you have not emailed us until very late in the evening with your numbers after lots of us chasing you for the day, we have then not known if you are coming in or not. Which is why the space wasnt set up. I know you are as busy as we are, but it impacts us all if this doesn't happen . I am sorry you feel Young's has let the space down, I hope your new Young's venue is better for you . The venue is undergoing a refurbishment so will be better than before and it is needed. I will speak to the reception team about their attitude . I hope you enjoy the Alexander Pope, another Young's pub with the same coffee .

Reviewed October 3, 2018

The park hotel is well located for a visit to Hampton court, we walked across Bushy park to Hampton court about a 25 minutes walk. We were very lucky with the weather a beautiful autumn day. the walk would not be enjoyable in inclement weather but there is a regular bus service no 68 between Teddington high street and East Molesy train station about 50 yards from the entrance to Hampton court. The hotel bar was ok but lacked atmosphere ok for a quick drink. Breakfast was first rate all the usual continental, cereals etc with also a extensive hot menu to order from which was much more exciting than the usual full English breakfast. We then travelled on to Windsor just a 30 minute drive away. Great value hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
DorindaB22, Public Relations Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thank you for your review, we are glad you enjoyed our central location and that you had a great stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you back with us soon

Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

Visited here a couple of weeks before this visit. Then, the room was very average as it was on this visit. The bed was very firm which I found uncomfortable along with the pillows. The room hadn’t been hoovered as there were bits on the floor. The breakfast was awful. A full English breakfast came without the sausage, when it did arrive it was mushy inside. The poached eggs were not cooked and the egg white was transparent inside.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bridge C, Guest Relations Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Sharon,
Thank you for your comments, i am sorry you had an average stay with us, I will speak to the housekeepers as to what happened the date you stayed as I can assume you the rooms are hoovered daily . With regards to the breakfast I will speak to the chefs as this should not happen within the breakfast offerering

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I had the unenviable task of organising a reunion for my old schoolfriends (and several of their husbands) with people coming from all points of the compass. We chose The Park Hotel because it's not far from the station and it has good car parking. I started organising the lunch at least 2 months before it happened and they came up with a really attractive and well-priced 3 course set menu, with 3 choices per course. There were a few hiccups towards the end, and communication from the hotel could be improved, but after I dealt with the General Manager everything came good and we had a wonderful time. The meal was fantastic, the service was great and the restaurant was beautiful - we will definitely repeat the event at The Park Hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your review, we look forward to seeing you back to us soon

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Park Hotel in Teddington on business for about 2 weeks and overall the hotel is near and tidy with decent size rooms and beds. My business work was in Teddington so the location was great. The hotel is within a few minutes walk to Teddington town, lots of pubs as well as the train station. Hampton Court is not too far as well. The bar and restaurant at the hotel are ok. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Overall a very nice stay.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Bridge C, Guest Relations Manager at The Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thank you for your comments, we look forward to you returning to us soon