“Like in Japan ”
Review of Umi

Umi
Ranked #1 of 223 Restaurants in Twickenham
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

I'm not used to Japanese food but just coming back from few trips to Japan I wanted to enjoy again the experience in Twickenham.
Was not expecting that very close to my house I could find such a great restaurant with quality and taste identical to Japanese restaurants in Japan.
As per. Japanese culture the staff is extremely friendly.
Will come back certainly

4  Thank Mlado

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Thanks to trip advisor who recommended Umi , I was not expected such a quality meal in Twickenham high street ,,, staff very attentive , service at its highest , the meal all lovely , the lack of one star is just the cost which was at the edge of expensive .

I do highly recommend this restaurant .

By the way it was almost packed when we were leaving , so it is advised to book your table in advance

2  Thank Mahdi D
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Im lucky enough to live in Twickenham, so am a regular at Umi. Ive eaten sushi all over the world - including Japan - and Umi certainly holds it own.
The menu is great, the quality of ingrediants is fantastic & the staff are delightful. My favourite (having now tried most things on the menu) is Aburi Salmon, but i have never had a bad dish. If you like Japanese, Umi is a must. If you've never tried Japanese - give it a go, its not all about raw fish (although that is lovely).

1  Thank dee T
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Our first visit to Umi, but certainly it won't be our last.

Without a doubt the best sushi I've had in Europe, and the mixed tempura and bento box we had for main course was perfect.

The staff were delightfully friendly and the atmosphere, even on a pretty dismal midweek night, was pleasant.

Despite leaving comfortably stuffed and marvelling at the delightful flavours, our bill was especially reasonable and was the perfect end to a lovely experience.

Recommended without any hesitation. 100%

1  Thank Simon B
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

The Umi restaurant has atmosphere and charm. The food is of a very high standard. The staff treat there customers as individuals and not just a number. Great place to go, No, a must place to go, you won't regret it.

2  Thank Gerry678317