“Superb”
Review of Umi

Umi
Ranked #1 of 223 Restaurants in Twickenham
Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

Lovely, unassuming Japanese restaurant. Food was fresh and beautifully served, sushi was excellent. Service was friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. A great find in Twickenham. Highly recommend. Book ahead. Completely full this Friday night.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

Super staff: knowledgeable and friendly. Impressive recall too: they were able to fondly, vividly remember the previous occasion(s) we had been.

My friends and I (three in total) had a lot of catching up to do! Umi provided the perfect backdrop for such. It provided sufficient intimacy for interaction, while plying us with the kind of culinary delights and beverage that prompt easy-flowing conversation. There was also the nostalgia factor for two of us who had been, and the coming upon a great discovery for the one who hadn't.

I recommend starting of the with the excellent edamame. Then, you can't go wrong with their yakitori too. The kushiyaki and yakisoba are also well worthy of mention. For dessert there's a platter of diverse mini ice cream scoops which I can't recommend enough.

An altogether glorious experience. ^.^

Reviewed January 22, 2018

Saw the TripAdvisor reviews and was hopeful. First time wife and I were blown away at the care and delicious dishes. We've been back maybe once a month for the past six months and it's been delicious each time.

Ambiance is completely unpretentious, the presentation and the food make up for any of that.

Definitely my favourite restaurant in the Richmond/Twickenham area.

Reviewed January 20, 2018

Umi has a great selection of food and it is all beautifully presented and tastes amazing. Bobby is always really friendly and helpful and we cannot recommend this restaurant enough.

Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant. The food was excellent and Bobby the owner and his staff are delightful. I thoroughly recommend a visit and we will be returning there regularly