All reviews winning post pub next door the pub twickenham stadium sat nav whitton high street minute walk cooked breakfast free parking busy road flight path watch rugby family room the usual high standard staff on reception main road a ground floor room
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Stayed as a couple for two nights recently.
On the plus side the beds were very comfortable.
On the minus side the aircraft flying overhead were very noisy making sleeping difficult.
Also when we went down for breakfast on the first morning the waitress told us we would be cheaper going into Whitton which we did.
On the second morning we arrived for breakfast with others at 10.25am only to be told that although breakfast was supposed to be served until 10.30 they had stopped serving early. We then asked for a coffee to be told that the coffee machine was broken.
Altogether unsatisfactory. Will not be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm glad that you found the beds comfortable, although it's disappointing that sleep was difficult due to the airplanes going overhead! Unfortunately due to the location of the hotel this can't always be helped, but we can always request a quiet room for you and the team will do their best to allocate this to you.

I'm also sorry to hear that the breakfast was stopped at 10.25am instead of 10.30am and that the coffee machine was broken, generally the hotel team will stop seating people 15 minutes before the end of service so that our guests have time to eat breakfast before service ends and the team also have time to close down and clean. However please be assured we've raised these issues with the hotel management team so they can pick this up internally to ensure this doesn't happen again moving forwards as we want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us.

Apologies again for your disappointing experience on this occasion, I really hope that we can welcome you back soon for a much more enjoyable stay!

Kind Regards,
Laura

Reviewed September 18, 2018

We won't be booking this one again as the parking wasnt good or secure (had to park in a disabled bay as hotel didn't reccomend leaving van around back of hotel) and the attatched pub didn't do food - had to walk into town to find something. This is not what we expect of a premier inn. After a day at work you do not expect to have to go hunting for food if you are staying at a Premier Inn!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2018

As others mention, I've stayed in a number of other Premier Inns and this one is nowhere near up to the same standard. My room reeked of damp (I think from the bathroom) had peeling paint all over the bathroom and a dirty shower curtain, and my window was 1 metre away from the wall / back door to the kitchen of the pub next door, which meant staff were outside there the whole time, throwing bottles into the bin etc - it was impossible to keep your window open. There was also a spotlight pinned on the opposite wall 1 metre away pointing directly into the room. There is no restaurant in the hotel, it's next door in a pub, and the food was well below average. Sticky pub tables and processed food. At breakfast I couldn't see anything that hadn't come directly from a wrapper. The only coffee available was from an urn and it was so weak I had to ask for another which was met by a look of disgust from the young waitress. I'd paid £9.50 for a cooked breakfast and when i asked for scrambled eggs on toast, I was told I needed to toast my own bread in the toaster provided and then she'd take it away and add the eggs on. When it came back, it was stone cold. I actually found it all pretty hilarious by this point and felt sorry for the young waitress just trying to earn a few pounds, none of it is her fault - and the staff in the restaurant the evening before we very friendly. But the food quality was terrible and for Premier Inn to have this hotel and restaurant representing their brand is an absolute joke.

Room Tip: Don't bother!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Hi there Gill,

Thank you for your review for your stay at London Twickenham Stadium.

We are really sorry to hear you didn't have the best stay on this occasion and it wasn't up to the same standard as you are used to. That is really disappointing indeed and not what we would expect at all. It must have been very unpleasant having the smell of damp in your room and your bathroom not being fully cleaned.

Our rooms are cleaned thoroughly prior to guests checking-in and are checked by the Head Housekeeper/Duty Manager to ensure cleanliness standards are met. It's such a shame if this wasn't met on this occasion, so we will ensure that feedback has been passed on to be followed up with the team.

We are also sorry if you were disturbed by the sound of staff throwing bottles into the bins and you didn't have the best experience in the pub next door. It's a shame you found the food to be poor quality, as we take great pride in ensuring both our food and service is of the highest quality. We wouldn't expect tables to be sticky and your food to be so cold on arrival like with your scrambled eggs on toast. We will make sure feedback has been passed onto the manager of the hotel, who will be able to follow this up with the Restaurant's Manager.

Once again we are very sorry for any disappointment Gill. But we do hope that going forward you will be reminded of the high quality service you expect when staying at a Premier Inn.

Kind regards,

Danny

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Like others I have stayed in a number of Premier Inns and this one didn't live up to the others. The location isn't too bad depending on what you are here for. A 5 minute walk to Whitton station however late at night it is hard to get to Whitton so you will need to get a taxi from Twickenham. The hotel has a new and old part which out of the 24 of us staying clearly made a difference. I was in the old part which was clean and the bed was soft however on closer inspection there was some permanent staining which was off-putting and the position of the toilet is hilariously close to the wall. I was on the ground floor and you can hear every single movement on the floor above like Elephants were running. We booked B&B which is in the winning post next door when we arrived we were told it was going to be ten minutes, we were told this several times until they admitted 'we don't have a chef he is in bed' a significant time later we were able to have a below par breakfast. The first night we stayed there we drunk in the pub until very late and were one of the only patron's (bear in mind there was 25 of us) and the bar staff were horrendous, ordering a drink was like we wanted their blood. Avoid this hotel and related pub unless you are desperate.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Have stayed in a few premier inns on my travels, and although the staff were friendly enough, they just don't seem to have any. They were still cleaning rooms and people were waiting at 9pm. All the floors seemed to creak, so the rooms were very noisy. You choose your breakfast but don't get what you ask for. It was a breakfast I would expect at a seaside cafe in benidorm...If I was paying for the breakfast I would of sent it back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn London Twickenham Stadium Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Hi Geoff

Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

It's a shame to hear you had a delayed check in and that you found the rooms to be noisy, this certainly isn't the experience we hope for our guests and I'm also sorry to read that the breakfast wasn't up to our usual standards.

I've raised your feedback with the Hotel and Restaurant Managers so they can follow this up with their teams and implement any retraining and actions so as to improve on this for our future guests.

We hope this hasn't put you off booking with us in future.

Kind Regards