“Great Wedding site”

Harvest Drive Family Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intercourse
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I attended a wedding here and it was an absolutely gorgeous day for the wedding. The scenery at this site was absolutely amazing. The food was great too and there was plenty of room for all the guests.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! We enjoyed having the wedding and guests here.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

A really wonderful experience. Arrived late, the mailbox contained my room information and room key. We were provided with a large room with a great view across the Amish farms and corn fields. The room included a very comfortable bed, large screen TV, microwave, a refrigerator and a really nice very clean bathroom. All spotless!
During the day Amish Buggies were seen going passing the Inn. The Inn was very reasonably priced. Also a very good clean restaurant across the parking lot to get breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Amish waitress at the restaurant were so kind and pleasant. Looking forward to my next stay. I will tell everyone I know about this place.
Would love to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Truck-Collector
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank taking the time to share your experience with us! We truly appreciate your positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I was very disappointed with this hotel. I was looking forward to a nice stay with a nice view with my family. What I got was a nice view but a room that turned me off and needs a lot of updating. The doors use keys for entry, the room needs new carpeting, new window curtains, a paint job, everything. It was a dull musty room. The bathroom sink is outside the bathroom close to the bed and the faucet squeak really bad. Worst of all was the smell. All you smell outside the hotel and inside the room is manure. There is a car air freshener in the room hanging with a fly swatter that does nothing for the smell. It was just one night but I wanted to leave so bad. I couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning. I spent very little time in the room. I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your room. We have made many updates to the rooms over the last few years including carpeting which was replaced in that room 5 years ago. We are looking at making further improvements in 2018 and on that list are curtains, bathrooms and paint refresh. We take all comments into consideration as we plan for the next phase of updates. We professionally clean the carpets regularly but have received a couple of comments recently about the carpet so we will certainly take that into consideration as well.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

This was my 3rd stay here.I understand the owners are in the process of updating the motel but I must comment on a few things:::there was new"used"furniture in the 3 bed room we had, while it was nice, the new lamps do not provide enough light.Previously there were larger brighter lamps AND a table with chairs which was convenient.The bathroom needs some attention....the light and fan are on the same switch and unfortunately the fan in our bathroom was VERY noisy, but we couldn't use the light independently from it.Also the tub was slightly slippery, as an older person with balance issues the tub has not a safety bar or anything to aid in fall prevention should one slip in the tub.Not even a towel bar on the wall....and the bathroom door needs adjustment, it was hard to close (seemed to have swelled???)and once closed even harder to open.Fortunately the location off the beaten path and the restaurant next door make it an O.K. place to stay.I'm sure that eventually the owners will have it all shipshape and up to date!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We make improvements every year and hope to be able to update the bathrooms in the 2 story building in the near future as we were not able to do that when we initially renovated those rooms upon purchasing the property 5 years ago. The new roof had to come first. I will have maintenance address the bathroom door and check to see that tub strips in the tub. While some miss the table and chairs, they were in such poor shape, they were no longer safe and many enjoy the new furniture layout with the desk and desk chairs.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We rented 2 rooms and both were neat and clean. The location is good, convenient to all of the Lancaster attractions but in the country where it is quiet. This is the nicest room you will find at their prices. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms clean and comfortable. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The wife and I wanted a weekend getaway so we chose the Lancaster area. Getting a hotel on a nice Sept weekend can be a challenge so we settled on the Harvest Drive family inn. It is in a rural setting and the motel itself is situated in a rural setting. The motel is reminiscent of motor lodges of the 50s & early 60s. We backed our car up to our room door and we were home. Our room #33, was clean and comfortable. Its not a four star facility but we found it to be nicely located and quiet. The place is not fancy but honestly it's a nice place to stay. We will stay there again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at our lovely and peaceful country inn. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My first impression of the Harvest Drive Family Inn was with the 4 confirmation emails, each with different confirmation numbers. Each said if I had any questions, I could reply to their email. I replied to two of them and received no response.
While walking to my room, their were trash bags outside of three of the rooms, mine being one of them. I thought the cleaning crew would come and pick them up, but they stayed there until I left the next day. The room was average, but definitely not cleaned. Pretty easy to tell when there's Lego pieces on the floor, so the staff probably just fluffs and stuffs to make the rooms appear neat and clean.
I did like having a place to stay that was away from the main roads, and hearing the horse and buggies trotting by was a nice feature. So it wasn't a horrible place to stay, but it wasn't anything to really write home about either...

Stayed: September 2017
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Please accept our sincere apologies for the cleanliness items you mentioned. We had a newer staff member in that section and it seems a couple items were missed. I apologize for the confusion with the multiple confirmation numbers. It seems that when we make any changes to a room assignment the system was sending a new confirmation email and changing the confirmation number. I can see how this would be confusing. I will remind our front desk staff to check the hotel email. It is on a check list for them and was missed last week. We have performed additional training with this associate and room inspections show the discrepancies have resolved and the rooms very clean and trash is going to the dumpster at the end of shifts. I hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
1.3 km away
16.2 km away
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
7 km away
Clarion Inn Historic Strasburg Inn

Been to Harvest Drive Family Inn? Share your experiences!