“It was nice,But !!!”

Harvest Drive Family Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Intercourse
Reviewed 26 October 2017

The view I was looking for was there but not from my room. I arrived at 6:05 pm,the office was closed. But my room key was available. The rooms had outdoor entry with two chairs by the door. My room faced the side of a building. I got little direct sun but some nice good old farm smell The room was very small but very clean.My maid,Emma was the best!! She was a pleasure to talk with.To get the beautiful open view of the fields,and they have it ,you must walk around to the side of the inn. The inn is quaint with a restaurant across the parking lot. It is off the main roads but near plenty of places.

Room Tip: Room #23 is on the side,try to get a room that faces the front.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Montel38
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

For the best views, we recommend the rooms with two double beds. They are a little more expensive than the single rooms, but if you are looking for our famous views, it is well worth the price. It sounds like the rest of your stay was 5 Stars!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Location is amazing and staff feels like family. It's located in the Amish country with fantastic views of the countryside. Its close to all the attractions and farmers markets. It's a great place and I would not stay anywhere else.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you Cheryl for the wonderful review and continuing to choose Harvest Drive as your home away from home! I'm sorry I didn't get to see you this visit - hopefully next time :-)

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I attended a wedding here and it was an absolutely gorgeous day for the wedding. The scenery at this site was absolutely amazing. The food was great too and there was plenty of room for all the guests.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for the wonderful review! We enjoyed having the wedding and guests here.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

A really wonderful experience. Arrived late, the mailbox contained my room information and room key. We were provided with a large room with a great view across the Amish farms and corn fields. The room included a very comfortable bed, large screen TV, microwave, a refrigerator and a really nice very clean bathroom. All spotless!
During the day Amish Buggies were seen going passing the Inn. The Inn was very reasonably priced. Also a very good clean restaurant across the parking lot to get breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Amish waitress at the restaurant were so kind and pleasant. Looking forward to my next stay. I will tell everyone I know about this place.
Would love to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Truck-Collector
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank taking the time to share your experience with us! We truly appreciate your positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I was very disappointed with this hotel. I was looking forward to a nice stay with a nice view with my family. What I got was a nice view but a room that turned me off and needs a lot of updating. The doors use keys for entry, the room needs new carpeting, new window curtains, a paint job, everything. It was a dull musty room. The bathroom sink is outside the bathroom close to the bed and the faucet squeak really bad. Worst of all was the smell. All you smell outside the hotel and inside the room is manure. There is a car air freshener in the room hanging with a fly swatter that does nothing for the smell. It was just one night but I wanted to leave so bad. I couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning. I spent very little time in the room. I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

We apologize that you were not satisfied with your room. We have made many updates to the rooms over the last few years including carpeting which was replaced in that room 5 years ago. We are looking at making further improvements in 2018 and on that list are curtains, bathrooms and paint refresh. We take all comments into consideration as we plan for the next phase of updates. We professionally clean the carpets regularly but have received a couple of comments recently about the carpet so we will certainly take that into consideration as well.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

This was my 3rd stay here.I understand the owners are in the process of updating the motel but I must comment on a few things:::there was new"used"furniture in the 3 bed room we had, while it was nice, the new lamps do not provide enough light.Previously there were larger brighter lamps AND a table with chairs which was convenient.The bathroom needs some attention....the light and fan are on the same switch and unfortunately the fan in our bathroom was VERY noisy, but we couldn't use the light independently from it.Also the tub was slightly slippery, as an older person with balance issues the tub has not a safety bar or anything to aid in fall prevention should one slip in the tub.Not even a towel bar on the wall....and the bathroom door needs adjustment, it was hard to close (seemed to have swelled???)and once closed even harder to open.Fortunately the location off the beaten path and the restaurant next door make it an O.K. place to stay.I'm sure that eventually the owners will have it all shipshape and up to date!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Cheryl T, Manager at Harvest Drive Family Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We make improvements every year and hope to be able to update the bathrooms in the 2 story building in the near future as we were not able to do that when we initially renovated those rooms upon purchasing the property 5 years ago. The new roof had to come first. I will have maintenance address the bathroom door and check to see that tub strips in the tub. While some miss the table and chairs, they were in such poor shape, they were no longer safe and many enjoy the new furniture layout with the desk and desk chairs.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We rented 2 rooms and both were neat and clean. The location is good, convenient to all of the Lancaster attractions but in the country where it is quiet. This is the nicest room you will find at their prices. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms clean and comfortable. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Intercourse
1.3 km away
2.3 km away
AmishView Inn & Suites
AmishView Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Harvest Drive Family Inn? Share your experiences!