All reviewseden projectoutdoor poolrecommend this hotelgroupon dealcomfortable hotelplenty of parkingcar parkfamily roomstayed for nightsexploring cornwallevening mealgood sizeweekend breakmain buildingbooked this hotelvery pleasant staybuffet style
Reviewed May 13, 2018

food and drinks expensive
rooms tidy great power shower free parking swimming pool not as it was suppose to be as advertised the area is very quiet and a bit run down the hotel could do with updating a bit

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Jane M, Manager at Best Western Fowey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I was disappointed to see that you had not been informed on check-in that our pool was open but that we keep the cover on as it is a solar cover that helps to keep the water at a great temperature. I will be reviewing our procedure on this to insure that the same situation does not arise, I apologise that you were not told about this.

Reviewed May 6, 2018

A very pleasant stay at the hotel, staff were very helpful and proficient. Plenty to see and do from here including a trip on the Camel Trail from nearby Bodmin. Good food, clean and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jane M, Manager at Best Western Fowey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I'm glad you found our location convenient. We are, indeed, very lucky to be situated in an area where it is easy to get to Cornwall's top attractions.

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome us to your hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

It was our first time at this Hotel.We were all made very welcome,even the dog had a special box with treats ,blanket and poo bags.The beds were very comfortable and everything you needed . Our room was no 36 ,so it was convenient to our car and easy access to the village and walks by the river for our dog.The food was also very good and plenty of it.The breakfast was especially good with lots to choose from.
We would certainly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: We had a family room,as we had a dog.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Jane M, Manager at Best Western Fowey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. It is always great to hear that a guest would recommend us.

We love our canine guests here at Best Western Fowey Valley and we are very lucky to have 6 rooms in our courtyard block that are perfect for access straight to the car park and, as you said, down to the river for great walks!

I hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you all to our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2018

We stayed here for a few nights and found it to be perfectly placed for visiting towns such as Padstow , Looe , Fowey etc. The staff were friendly , welcoming and helpful .The hotel and room was clean and comfy. The breakfasts were plentiful and freshly cooked. . We will definitely be revisiting , especially as we had to cut our stay short due to a family issue at home .

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Jane M, Manager at Best Western Fowey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are lucky with our location in that it is very easy to get to a lot of Cornwall's top attractions from where we are, I'm glad that you found this too!

I hope that we will get the opportunity to welcome you again, and that this time you manage to complete your stay.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed for two nights, Reception staff and manager were very friendly. The room was comfortable and clean, Furniture a little out dated.Bathroom was ok but the shower could do with being updated. We had a meal in the restaurant on Friday night, was seated and informed that there was about a 10 min wait, which was fine. We didn't have a starter but just a main meal, which took over an hour to arrive. While we waited we were just offered one bread roll each. There was only about 5 other couples in the restaurant on that night, so not really rushed off there feet. We would stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mumjeff
Jane M, Manager at Best Western Fowey Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems that you encountered in the restaurant during your stay. I will be speaking to our head chef about why you had such a long wait, as an hour is clearly unacceptable!

I am really glad to read, however, that this has not put you off coming to stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and showing you that the service you received was not up to our usual high standards.