All reviews overlooking fields swallow barn easy access stayed here gerry farms dog accommodation
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Tomorrow we leave Swallow Barn after a three night stay. We regularly visit the Bude area but this a first for us at Budds Barns and it definitely will not be our last visit. We have two young Labrador puppies who have loved the freedom and we the security of a closed in garden. We were made very welcome by the owners and have been very impressed by the quality of the accommodation with a cosy comfortable feel. The renovation works provide a quality of fittings you would be surprised to find in a holiday rental - the bathroom is fantastic. Location is ideal with easy access all areas. We look forward to returning very soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2016

Booked a last minute break for 3 nights from 19-22 October having been let down by the owner of a different cottage. What a blessing in disguise!On arrival we were shown around Swallow cottage- beautiful setting, fantastic views, clean modern kitchen and comfortable beds, and a doggy bowl and guides to dog- friendly beaches and attractions. The owners were friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend Budds Barn for a lovely relaxing break- hope to return soon.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2016

Thank you both for a wonderful stay – such a quiet location, with fabulous views. The enclosed, tidy garden and the fields behind for lovely walks were just perfect for our dog Poppy who is a recent, quite nervous, RSPCA rescue – she felt very much at home and was made very welcome. We loved the fact we felt secluded but were in very easy each of all the local sights through easy access to the A39. Enjoyed the log burner too! Such a comfortable cottage. We will certainly want to stay with you again on our next visit to North Cornwall / Devon.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeanandmark
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Just like going home. A lovely welcome from Gerri and Andy. Cottage as always beautifully presented. Everything you could want had been catered for. Fantastic location, really quiet, although Bude is only a few minutes away by car. I'm looking at next year's calendar already!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsGreaves66
Reviewed June 7, 2016

I went here with my daughter in 2015, I was surprised at the lack of care by the owners. I was stung by a jellyfish in Widmouth and had to attend hospital the owners couldn't of been less helpful or caring, I did after 20 minutes get there attention finally via my daughter when they reluctantly gave me vinegar for my problem, however at no point was I asked if I was ok or if I needed further attention. I drove myself to hospital at Bude where it was diagnosed that I had a severe reaction and was put on a heart moniter. The owners couldn't care less when I finally returned and never asked if I was ok. Also found they blocked entrance to my cottage via there daughters car and was told specifically not to block entrances on arrival. Would never return unfriendly uncaring and although cottage was ok there was no warning when they mowed back lawn and I was in the shower with the curtains open and I was obviously in a towel when I came out!!! Not impressed.

Room Tip: Always ask if they are going to mow the lawn, don't have a medical emergency they won't care.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
GerryatBuddsBarns, Owner at Budds Barn Holiday Cottages Bude, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2016

im sorry you feel this way and have waited a year to write a review. You are the first to say we are awful people as every other review say how nice we are. As you are in a self-catering cottage we do not impose, had we had known about your predicament or that you woud have like assistance to the hospital we would have done so. As for the cars we ak people to park in a line so as not to reverse back into any of our guests cars , we only park our cars there whilst moving others etc. I am also sorry if my husband mowed the lawn when you were there. Usually we NEVER mow the lawns when the guests are in. If you daughter came over to us for vinegar Im sure it would be given to her straigh away. Im sorry you feel this way and wished you had not waited a year to tell us.