Excellent boutique style apartment accommodation with great gluten free food served by helpful friendly staff in a secluded costal setting with stunning sea views and the added bonus of being able to take the dogMore
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
Excellent boutique style apartment accommodation with great gluten free food served by helpful friendly staff in a secluded costal setting with stunning sea views and the added bonus of being able to take the dogMoreShow less
Dear Happy Guest
Your positive rating of our hotel will definitely help to recommend The Rosevine to other travelers.Thank you so much. I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and pleasant as we believe the chief function of our hotel is to serve people in such a way as to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
We hope to have you back in the near future (please bring your dog!)
We've just returned from a short stay at the wonderful Rosevine. What a place!
Understated chic decorations and furnishing. Spacious stylish rooms but utterly comfortable. The view from our room was magical.
Large comfy beds. Great mini kitchen with full size fridge and dishwasher.
Superb breakfasts. We enjoyed our one dinner in the hotel. The choice was a little limited but that was because it was low season with few guests eating in.
The service was fantastic. We were made to feel very welcome.
Can't wait to go back.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for choosing The Rosevine as your accommodation choice in Cornwall. We are so pleased that you appreciated our decorations and furnishings and enjoyed the comfort of our rooms. Our guests are our main priority and deserve the most courteous and attentive treatment we are able to give them. Thank you for observing the quality of service you received.
We cannot wait to welcoming you back to The Rosevine.
The Setting: 1920's English Country and Coast Summer Holiday!
The entrance romantic and filled with suspense... to your left ... you can only hear yourself breathing as your eyes grasp a perfect large garden followed by the English Chanel (PINCH!)
To your right a strong room with tasteful seating and wall paper for tea, coffee or a story from me... (I went modern and got a G&T) sorry.
Who would stay here?: Anyone who enjoys this as a taste... Royalty... writers... poets.. clairvoyants... anyone who wants to stop and relax for therapy.. and just listen to the sound of silence or a laughter or a good joke... read a book... walk a dog... snuggle on the grass to hear the sound of waves.
Then to greet you staff so diverse and relaxed that your smiling and don't know why... but it feels good (sigh...) if you ever get to go on this amazing journey... ask for a lovely lady by the name of Liz and please don't try to take her home...
This stay is personal for me so I will try to say less as possible as I don't want my new heaven over booked...
WELL DONE to whoever generated the idea and WELL DONE to whoever manages it.
But really you have to follow the signs and its quicker via King Ferry, the main road is called Rosevine then when you get to the bottom before the sea on the RIGHT... (the garden hides the building) but its there.... trust me.
It is heartening to read wonderful reviews like yours truly valuing the special ambience and beauty of our haven (shall we call it a 'sanctuary'?) in Cornwall. Thank you Fiona for sharing your experience with us through your appreciative notes.
It is our constant aim to provide each and every guest with the highest levels of comfort and quality service to ensure a most memorable experience. Every time.
We will be delighted to have you back. Soonest.
We booked the Rosevine for a short family break. The hotel is in a beautiful location, just a few hundred metres from Porthcurnick beach. It has a series of family apartments, which are well appointed. The hotel has a lovely large garden with garden games. It has a reasonable indoor pool and a good restaurant.
The staff were excellent, and in particular Felicia made us feel very welcome and went above and beyond.
Its a great location for families, very safe, very family friendly and luxurious. In particular the beds were amazingly comfortable.
...And so to the niggles. The Rosevine is very good, but for the price and the brand it is trying to project it needs to make some changes. Throughout our stay it felt as if the hotel wasn't really being managed. Here are some of the things that need to be improved:
1. Dinner selection. The dinner menu is small with 3 starters, 3 mains and 3-4 desserts. Not a problem if the menu is changed every day but during our 4 night stay the menu remained unchanged which meant we went out to rather than staying in the hotel. The children's menus are pretty good in terms of variety.
ACTION: Change your dinner menu daily
2. The pool. The pool and changing rooms have a serious black mould problem. This needs to be addressed.
ACTION: Clean up the mould and improve the pool ventilation.
3. Children's Playroom. A great facility to have, but the TV and DVD weren't actually set up and the advertised Xbox was broken and hadn't been replaced. If we'd had a wet vacation this would have been a problem.
ACTION: Check the equipment is working and if it isn't repair it.
4. General maintenance. We noticed lots of little things that just needed some management oversight to rectify, and it was disappointing that these things hadn't been addressed. Broken bulbs in the bathroom, cracked shelf in the fridge, lots of pool towels in the guest washing machine, broken garden toys...
ACTION: Walk round and check the rooms regularly.
5. Lack of interest in feedback. The most disappointing thing was the lack of interest in feedback from us. As we left the hotel no one asked how our stay had been and if there were any issues.
ACTION: Guest survey or just ask guests for their feedback when they check out
The Rosevine is a lovely hotel, very luxurious but with a few minor issues that spoiled our enjoyment. You shouldn't be put off by this review. We did have a lovely stay, but we did notice a lot of minor things that could have been easily rectified.
I hope the hotel management read this review and make some changes to really make this the luxury boutique hotel that it should be.
Dear Justin P.
Thank you for taking the time to review The Rosevine Hotel. Your comments are valued and appreciated.
As part of the new Management Team of The Rosevine, I will hereby try to address all issues that you felt made your experience at our lovely hotel less than flawless.
Please accept my personal apologies for not being able to create the ultimate experience.
1) Since your stay, we have, in collaboration with our Head Chef Tim Pile, increased the selection of items on our dinner menu
2) The pool area has been properly cleaned up. We had a group of cleaners in- and outside washing and scrubbing for two full days. We are expecting an electrical contractor within the next day or two to fix the ventilation problem
3) I apologise for the TV and DVD player not being properly set up whilst you were here. Both these are in perfect working order so I presume they were just not accurately connected during your stay. The Xbox is indeed broken and has since been thrown away. I am happy to report that we have just ordered a new updated version of the Xbox.
4) All bulbs are being checked on a daily basis and should be replaced immediately. I am adding my email address as I would like to discuss a few more issues in person with you, like the ‘cracked shelf in the fridge’ (which I could not find …). All our linen and towels are sent to a local laundromat so are not washed on the property. The only explanation I have for the ‘pool towels in the washing machine’ is that they were probably put in there by a guest? Along with a few members of staff, we have searched all the toys on the premises and have thrown away the odd few that were broken. Our toys are being replenished on a yearly basis.
5) The most disappointing thing – agreed – was the lack of interest you experienced on departure. Apart from that, you should have received a survey 24 hrs post your stay at The Rosevine.
Having been in the hospitality industry for 35 years I believe that true hospitality is rooted in the offering of a warm, sincere and personalised service. I would like to assure you of The Rosevine’s total commitment to focusing on providing the best possible service to all our guests. Our ultimate purpose is to make your visit as effortless and memorable as possible. In order to return.
We sincerely hope to have another opportunity to hosting you at The Rosevine in the near future.
We are hoping to book the Rosevine for our wedding next year and had a few things we wanted to confirm and wanted to stay and experience things as guests overnight. They really did exceed on all expectations but treated us just as any other guests. The accomodation is so relaxing, the right mix between luxury and home from home. We dined with them and the food was exquisite along with great wine! There location speaks for itself as it really is stunning, all in all an absolutel gem!
Thank you for sharing your comments about The Rosevine on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that we had met your expectations. Hope to exceed them at your forthcoming wedding!
See you soonest.
We returned to the Rosevine to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Our return visit did not disappoint. The hotel remains beautiful and the staff are as brilliant and as welcoming as ever. The rooms are beautifully decorated and kept in immaculate condition. It really does have that "home from home" feeling. We sat in the lounge enjoying a drink and felt totally relaxed. Our bedroom overlooked the bay which was wonderful both in the rain and the sunshine. Cornwall is breathtaking and The Rosevine is a beautiful hotel, visit both if you get the opportunity, you won't regret it.
Thank you so much for your kind comments about The Rosevine. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your wedding anniversary at our beautiful hotel - hoping you will celebrate all future anniversaries at your 'home-away-from-home' in Cornwall.