1,760 results
All reviews golf course brend hotels golf break brend group golf club round of golf sea view main restaurant indoor and outdoor pools pitch and putt lounge bar lovely hotel tennis courts four star hotel wine list deluxe room restaurant staff
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Have just returned home after a fantastic 4 night stay at this wonderful hotel. From the moment you arrive you are looked after by staff who are very welcoming and very good at their jobs. The rooms are clean and well presented and definitely worth the extra cost of having a sea view. We only used the main restaurant and found the food at all meals to be excellent.
All in all a fantastic hotel and look forward to our next visit.
A special thank you to the house keeper who sorted out some different pillows for my wife and to lumi for looking after us in the restaurant.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mr & Mrs L
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Thank you for your 5* review!

I am very pleased to hear you had a fantastic 4 night stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing an excellent standard of service, our staff will be pleased to hear your kind comments.

The views across the Bay are beautiful, we are very fortunate with our location - nothing beats waking up to that view!

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

We stayed for two nights. We got the stateroom which is a suite, nice, quite big and with a fantastic view. The place is very loud. You can hear everything that is going on next room and si ve we were on the 1st floor we could hear all the noise coming from the bar and restaurantes underneath our floor.
Breakfast was very disappointing. Considering what we payed this is the worst breakfast ever.
I won’t go back.

Stayed: May 2018
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Thank you for your review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found the Stateroom to be of a high standard with the stunning views across the Bay. I am however disappointed to learn that you found the room to be noisy and the breakfast not to be at a high standard, this is not a comment we usually receive. Your comments have been passed onto management.

Please call us direct if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed May 18, 2018

This hotel came up to our expectations. The Brend Hotels are renowned all over South West England. All the staff were helpful and friendly. We had the standard room with an inland view, and we were delighted with the size and furnishings. Really high standards. The room is the largest we have had compared with similar standard hotels. The restaurants are first class, and so is the cuisine. There are plenty of facilities here for all guests to enjoy

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent. Choose one that is affordable for you
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank YorkiesinDevon

Thank you for your 5* review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful visit, and enjoyed the wealth of facilities here. We regularly receive excellent feedback with regards to the high standard that are rooms are kept to and our award winning dining, I am pleased this was also your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back here to CBH and to other hotels within our group.

Kind regards,
CBH.

Reviewed May 9, 2018 via mobile

Just a perfect example of a quintessential British sea side top end hotel. I had a car park view room, but sat in the lounge bar for a beer and enjoyed the sea view. Parking felt a bit limited and I didn’t use the spa, but will do next visit. Brasserie restaurant was very nice but all couples (they do weddings and I got the impression that everyone there was on an anniversary break) meaning the candle lit dinner for one traveling for work was a bit odd.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2018

Thank you for your 5* review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful stay with us, enjoying our seaside hotel. We have a variety of restaurants available to dine in including the Bay View, Taste Brasserie for a less formal dining experience, our Terrace Lounge, Spa Bar or Clubhouse.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind regards,
CBH.

Reviewed May 7, 2018

My hubby booked this as a surprise (every short notice) on a Friday afternoon for one night. We had a great deal and loved it so much we booked to stay for an extra night. It was our first time in Cornwall and we spoilt rotten.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, room was fantastic with sea view. Food was excellent too, plenty of choice.

As we booked late we managed to get a real bargin.

Our car broke down on the way here and had to hire a car for the rest of the journey, so arrived very stressed, but left relaxed and refreshed.

It's in an excellent location, just wished hubby had explained this had a spa and pool and I would have bought my coggie!

Recommend a walk on the beach, lovely and clean.

Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Sea view 2nd floor or sea view 1st floor with balcony
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
BrendHotels, Guest Relations Manager at The Carlyon Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Thank you for your 5* review of the Carlyon Bay Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you had the perfect weekend getaway with us, extending your stay whilst you were here. We regularly receive excellent feedback with regards to our staff and the dining experiences, I am pleased this was the case for your visit. We are very fortunate with the location of the hotel, the sea views are spectacular.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, to enjoy the spa and leisure facilities!