“Another Great Stay at Palm Cottage !”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Palm Cottage

Cosy sitting area of Reception room with open fireplace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cosy sitting area of Reception room with open fireplace
Dining area of spacious Reception room with window seat and inglenook
From dining area tiled hallway and stable door leading to patio and garden
Well-equipped breakfast kitchen
Elegant double bedroom
Double bedroom with window seat overlooking front garden
Landing with OS Map of Lizard Peninsula; twin- bedrooms off to left and up three steps to right
Beatrix Potter twin-bedded room - beloved by children
Charming twin-bedded room overlooking garden
Path from patio to well-established garden
Spacious and safe garden for children to play
Rear of double garage and barbecue awaits.........
.............for al fresco dining!
Path from rear drive between hydrangeas and lavender
Spectacular sunset from rear garden; hopefully sunny day tomorrow!
How can you resist a holiday at exquisite Palm Cottage!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 37 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Another Great Stay at Palm Cottage !”
Reviewed 9 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Booked this cottage again after staying there previously . We found it just as charming as before. The cottage was quiet cold on arrival due to cold spat in weather but once in and settled it soon warmed up . We lit a fire and cottage was really cosy and homely . The cottage has selection of board games which came in very useful in the evenings , having three family generations staying we sat around the coffee table by the fire playing games . We still love the welcome tray on arrival , such a lovely touch .The house is well positioned for visiting all the local sights and the pub over road is added bonus. We always had plenty of hot water for showering , often not the case when six of you are sharing a property . The cottage garden is lovely no matter what the weather and full of birds in the morning. And if you are lucky you will see a couple of bats flying around at dusk and the amazing sunsets. We once again visited our favourite place, taking my son and his partner there for their first ever visit , the fabulous Roskillies Farm . Best Ice cream ever made here and we only know about this hidden gem due to staying at palm cottage .My daughter , whom is autistic loves the cottage and especially the Beatrix Potter room and runs to it as soon as we arrive , she said she missed Palm cottage already as we left. Thank you Michael W once again for letting us stay again.
The very grateful Rolfe family.

Your age range 35-49
13 Apr 2018
Thank you very much for your generous and detailed review and am delighted that you've had another enjoyable week at Palm Cottage.
The open fire is very popular with many of our guests particularly when it's cold and damp outside since it quite quickly warms up the house and spirits!
I was not surprised to read that your daughter liked the Beatrix Potter bedroom since it's a firm favourite with many of our young guests as indeed is a visit to Roskilly's Farm, especially to watch the milking of the beautiful Jerseys, as well as having one of their delicious ice creams. Am pleased too that you were able to enjoy the spacious garden from where you must have seen one of the frequent spectacular sunsets.
Your family are star guests and needless to say you will be most welcome to take yet a further holiday at Palm Cottage.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

10 Sep 2017
Thank you very much for your kind comments and am pleased that you enjoyed your week's holiday in our second home which my wife and I adore and only let it out to favourable guests like yourselves in order to help us maintain its high standard.
floserran...
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic vacation house! ”
Reviewed 31 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

My cousin rented this place for a week and I must say we had a wonderful time. It is well-equipped and very neat, the little touches add a special feel to it like you're at home. From the decors, the pictures on the wall even the duvet covers!
It is near the Lizard peninsula, but we also managed to visit the towns of St. Ives, Port of Isaac and Penzance and head home after.
Highly recommended!

3 Sep 2017
Thank you very much for posting such a favourable review of Palm Cottage following your recent stay there with your cousin and family.
My wife and I are pleased that you all had an enjoyable week, that you found the cottage so welcoming and appreciated the decor.
Maybe you would like to take a further holiday there next year when we'd strongly recommend a visit to the Minack Open Theatre.
cerian201...
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Ultimate relaxation”
Reviewed 28 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Had another fantastic stay at Palm Cottage this August. My husband, not normally someone who favours returning to places, described walking back into Palm Cottage, as like coming back home. I cannot say enough about how well equipped, how beautifully decorated (with so much local art work and pottery) or how well situated this place is. The Prince of Wales pub, just opposite is brilliant and it was so easy to just pop over for fish and chips on arrival. There are fab beaches; Church Cove, Poldhu and Kynance Cove just 20 minutes away by car and at the end of a day out the cottage is a welcoming and peaceful retreat, whether to sit in the garden and watch the sun set or playing cards or one of the games provided in the lounge. There are shops in St. Keverne or Helston to pick up supplies. We had an enjoyable stop off at Roskillys ice cream parlour too one day- their fudge is incredible!! This is such an ideal spot to explore The Lizard from but more than that, It's all the little touches; the kettle filled and warm on arrival with yummy biscuits and milk in the fridge to greet you that make this feel less of a holiday rental and more your very own, Cornish home from home.

31 Aug 2017
Dear Cerian
Thank you so much for taking the time to write another splendid review following your second visit to Palm Cottage.
Tricia and I are delighted that once again you had such an enjoyable time and we are now looking forward to our visit there next week.
Maybe you'll be able to persuade your husband to return to Palm next year!
Kind regards
Mike
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely cottage in good location”
Reviewed 16 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Just returned from a lovely week at Palm Cottage. It's bigger than the photos suggest and very cosy and a great central base for our holiday on the Lizard. The pub across the road is delightful and worth a visit.
A couple of things to bear in mind - the cottage has handy parking but the drive is tricky to reverse into, although we managed without incident. And bear in mind thin floors and wall means you can here everything from the living room in the main bedroom. It didn't matter to us though and it wouldn't put me off recommending the cottage to others.

21 Aug 2017
Thank you for your kind comments and am pleased that you had an enjoyable holiday exploring the Lizard Peninsula with its superb coastal footpaths, charming fishing villages and fabulous beaches.
We are fortunate to have off-the-road parking since it is not that prevalent amongst smaller residential properties in the area and although the drive itself is rather narrow most guests find the entrance off the road easy and safe enough to park their car.
It's a 200yr old cob cottage with thick walls and certainly the ceiling in the living room serves as the floorboards in the front bedrooms, hence the coffin hatches, which most visitors consider part of its charm.
Peter G
“restful delight”
Reviewed 16 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

we had a great stay from walking in the door to leaving the perfect holiday home with style. Great garden and location although parking a bit tight. good location to explore the Lizard and down to Lands End. the cottage was relaxing and fully equipped.

21 Aug 2017
Thank you very much for your kind comments and am pleased that you had an enjoyable week's holiday at the cottage and were able to enjoy the garden and explore the Lizard Peninsula with its superb coastal walks, delightful fishing villages and splendid beaches and indeed go further west to places like St Michael's Mount, Newlyn, Mousehole, Penzance and Lands End, not to mention the unique and spectacular Minack Theatre.
We are fortunate to off-street parking since most smaller properties in the area don't have this facility and whilst the drive itself is fairly narrow most of our guests find the entrance to it from the road is spacious and safe enough to leave a car.
epiercey2...
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Palm Cottage for my two daughters and I is our 'go to' place whenever we have a holiday”
Reviewed 9 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My love affair with Cornwall began in my childhood when my Parents would take my siblings and I every summer for our holidays. So it was very natural to want to give my own children the same experiences and to build happy memories. I came upon this superb cottage by chance and ever since it is the only place I will go to when I book a holiday. It is absolutely beautiful, every nook and cranny is taken up with some pretty ornament, attractive lampshades, and it is extremely comfortable and spacious. As soon as I step through the front door I can't help but feel both exhilarated and relaxed at the same time. When we return in the evenings from our days out at the beach it is pure bliss to relax in this gorgeous 'home.'
Words cannot do justice to this very sophisticated, clean, and well looked after cottage. If like me you love The Lizard Penisula, an area of outstanding beauty and you are looking for somewhere to stay that is fabulous, then this is the place for you. And the bonus is you can always go back for another holiday, as in my experience the owners appear to spend alot of their own free time there, ( as read in the visitors book ) and clearly have invested alot of time and effort into maintaining this cottage to a very high standard.

Your age range 50-64
13 Aug 2017
Dear Mrs Piercey,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and eloquent review about your recent week in Palm Cottage.
You seem to adore the cottage and the peninsula as much as my wife and I so now we understand why you have previously taken so many holidays there and long may this continue!
Thank you once again for your kind and most generous comments.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing