US$117
Agoda.com
Econo Lodge(Smiths Falls)
US$77
Hotels.com
Best Inn Motel(Smiths Falls)(Great Value!)
US$68
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$112
Kemptville Suites(Kemptville)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$174
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrideau canalyogurtbeautiful quiltshost mikecontinental breakfaststained glassfree wifia great place to staygranola barsbottled waterwould definitely stay here againself servehis wiferooms are spaciouslocal historythe location is perfectannual trip
Reviewed July 17, 2016

My cousin was visiting from Arizona and we wanted to have a night away, we were greeted by Mike ( owner with his wife Dawn), given a full tour of the B and B and explained thoroughly anything we needed to know. Mike gave many suggestions of places to eat and visit while in Merrickville. The rooms are very spacious, extremely clean and we were fortunate to have the upstairs balcony ( with a great view) to ourselves, drinks and even had dinner out there as it was such a beautiful evening. I would recommend that anyone looking for lodging in Merrickville or just want to get away for an evening or weekend they definitely should check into 1840 Guest House. looking forward to my next booking!!!!

Room Tip: Room was quiet and great location would rent the same room again
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Mike Z, Owner at 1840 Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

I'm glad your stay at the 1840 Guest House B&B was enjoyable! We very much appreciate your 5 star review comments.
Having supper on the balcony, overlooking the Rideau River, makes for a memorable evening! We can't guarantee this for everyone, as it's dependent on other guests but I'm glad you had a wonderful experience.
Thank you for excellent guest review. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

You need to stay at this Bed and Breakfast, what a beautiful place and highly recommended! We stayed July 1st for 1 night as we were heading to Ottawa for the fireworks at Parliament Hill. The room was incredibly clean, quiet, nice floor plan and had a gorgeous private bathroom. The owners Mike and Dawn were exceptionally sweet, welcomed us with genuine smiles and provided us with so much information about Merrickville.

Staying here, you are within walking distance to everything: bakery, ice cream shop, the canal, dining, sightseeing & tourist exhibits. The continental breakfast was lovely, nothing beats having my cup of coffee while overlooking the river in the morning. My boyfriend and I can hardly wait to return....see you in the fall 1840 Guest House :)

Room Tip: Ask for Room #1 or 2 as they have the river view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Mike Z, Owner at 1840 Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thank you for your "What a Gem" "5 star" guest review!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate your recommendation.
A number of our guests have mentioned that "the best part of their vacation was just sitting on our balcony, drinking wine or coffee and enjoying the scenic view of the boats on the Rideau Canal". I'm glad you thought so too.
My wife Dawn and I look forward to having you both as our guests again in the fall when the trees are in their fall colors.

Reviewed July 3, 2016

What a great find - an excellent B&B. Spotless accommodation with delightful hosts. We would recommend this B&B 100%. Super comfortable beds and refreshments always available. Lovely location with beautiful views of the canal.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 2 have views of the canal.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2016

The rooms at this guest house are very comfortable and spacious, opt for a canal view if you can, it's worth it! Mike provides useful advice about the area, we liked visiting the nearby gardens. Merrickville is a pretty little town with nice shopping.
Breakfast is continental and not homemade, the buffet is served in the hall to access the bedrooms, and the first guests to have breakfast are sure to wake up the others.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Mike Z, Owner at 1840 Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2016

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the 1840 Guest House B&B.
We strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible and love to provide local area knowledge of attractions and events.
As for the breakfast noise, we would hope that our guests would be respective of the other sleeping guests but unfortunately that is not always the case.
One solution for guests who would like a quieter room is to book guest rooms #3 and #4 which are further away from the breakfast area.
Thanks you for for providing us with your feedback. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

I'm about to stay at the 1840 for the 3rd time and I'm really looking forward to it.

The rooms are large, comfortable, and feature the amenities of any modern hotel.
The decor is charming and I've found experience relaxing and private.
I will continue to stay here any time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: If you prefer to sleep later, ask for a room away from the breakfast/dining nook.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Mike Z, Owner at 1840 Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

We very much appreciate your wonderful "5 star" guest review and that you have again returned to stay at the 1840 Guest House B&B during your visit to Merrickville.
We value our guest comments and strive to make their stay relaxing and comfortable.
Although all of our rooms are built with noise reducing insulation, you are correct that guest rooms #3 and #4 are quieter and we normally recommend them for guests requiring a quiet stay.
Thank you for your continued business and we hope we can be of service again in the future.
Regards, Mike and Dawn