All reviewsrideau canalyogurtcontinental breakfastbeautiful quiltshost mikestained glassfree wifigreat place to staywould definitely stay here againbottled waterrooms are spaciousself servemain streetwithin walking distancea lovely staylocal historymike's wife
Reviewed July 23, 2016

In the heart of Merrickville is this B&B...just a short walk to everything. It is super attractive, super clean, super comfortable! We were a party of 7, occupying each of the upper suites. We had privacy and a place to meet as a family. The breakfast buffets are well stocked with cereals, muffins, yogurt, fruit , coffees, teas, health bars.......
Each room has complimentary wifi and Netflix and For the cool nights a contemporary wall mounted fire place. Our host was also an advocate for local attractions and he spent time informing us. I highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: In my opinion no one room is lesser than another. They are all well equipped.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Mike Z, Owner at 1840 Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

I'm very glad your whole family enjoyed their stay at our 1840 Guest House B&B.
We very much appreciate your excellent feedback and wonderful "5 star" rating!
With all four of our rooms on the same floor, with a common area and deck it does make for a great gathering place for guests.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2016

Mike and Dawn are lovely hosts of this beautiful B&B! The rooms are spacious and luxurious and very comfortable. Rooms have WIFI, Netflix, fireplaces ... everything you would need if you didnt want to ever leave your room! Beautiful shared balcony with a nice view of the river. I highly recommend the 1840 Guest House in Merrickville!

Room Tip: All four rooms are great!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Mike Z, Owner at 1840 Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Your "A Beautiful Escape" guest review is wonderful! Thank you for your 5 star rating.
We strive to make our guests stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
As you mentioned, the scenic view of the Rideau River and excellent location easy walking distance to the local villages artisan shops makes for a great escape. Thank you for staying with us and hopefully you will have another opportunity to visit Merrickville and stay at the 1840 Guest House B&B again.

Reviewed July 17, 2016

My cousin was visiting from Arizona and we wanted to have a night away, we were greeted by Mike ( owner with his wife Dawn), given a full tour of the B and B and explained thoroughly anything we needed to know. Mike gave many suggestions of places to eat and visit while in Merrickville. The rooms are very spacious, extremely clean and we were fortunate to have the upstairs balcony ( with a great view) to ourselves, drinks and even had dinner out there as it was such a beautiful evening. I would recommend that anyone looking for lodging in Merrickville or just want to get away for an evening or weekend they definitely should check into 1840 Guest House. looking forward to my next booking!!!!

Room Tip: Room was quiet and great location would rent the same room again
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

I'm glad your stay at the 1840 Guest House B&B was enjoyable! We very much appreciate your 5 star review comments.
Having supper on the balcony, overlooking the Rideau River, makes for a memorable evening! We can't guarantee this for everyone, as it's dependent on other guests but I'm glad you had a wonderful experience.
Thank you for excellent guest review. We look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2016

You need to stay at this Bed and Breakfast, what a beautiful place and highly recommended! We stayed July 1st for 1 night as we were heading to Ottawa for the fireworks at Parliament Hill. The room was incredibly clean, quiet, nice floor plan and had a gorgeous private bathroom. The owners Mike and Dawn were exceptionally sweet, welcomed us with genuine smiles and provided us with so much information about Merrickville.

Staying here, you are within walking distance to everything: bakery, ice cream shop, the canal, dining, sightseeing & tourist exhibits. The continental breakfast was lovely, nothing beats having my cup of coffee while overlooking the river in the morning. My boyfriend and I can hardly wait to return....see you in the fall 1840 Guest House :)

Room Tip: Ask for Room #1 or 2 as they have the river view
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Mike Z, Owner at 1840 Guest House B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2016

Thank you for your "What a Gem" "5 star" guest review!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate your recommendation.
A number of our guests have mentioned that "the best part of their vacation was just sitting on our balcony, drinking wine or coffee and enjoying the scenic view of the boats on the Rideau Canal". I'm glad you thought so too.
My wife Dawn and I look forward to having you both as our guests again in the fall when the trees are in their fall colors.

Reviewed July 3, 2016

What a great find - an excellent B&B. Spotless accommodation with delightful hosts. We would recommend this B&B 100%. Super comfortable beds and refreshments always available. Lovely location with beautiful views of the canal.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 2 have views of the canal.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends