“Excellent place. Great staff. 140 dollars for 2 nights camping is robbery”

Ballina Beach Village
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Ballina
Brisbane
“Excellent place. Great staff. 140 dollars for 2 nights camping is robbery”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The place, facilities, service, location and camp sites are all great. We were charged 140 dollars for 2 nights for me, my wife and my 13,12 and 8 year old kids which is a rip off for staying in a bloody tent. Charging certain aged children as adults is a taking the micky too. Shame on you. I could have stayed at a hotel front wotif for that. Lovely staff though.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank David_UKandOz
BallinaBV, Owner at Ballina Beach Village, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
This is a great review, as it gives me an opportunity to display pricing. First I would like to say that as an eco wilderness destination, with 'excellent' facilities - every time you flush a loo, take a shower, dip in the pool, recharge your phone, use our superb camp kitchen to cook meals for your family you are using our gasl and/or electricity - the cost of which is now in the six figure mark. We do not have any Council services and all sewerage and water is handled on site. Because we want to run a facility of excellence we also have up to 23 staff, many of whom work on the weekend which attracts a time and a half, double and up to quadruple time over peak periods – typically hauling away rubbish left by campers and mowing, mowing, mowing so that your beautiful camping site is just wonderful for you stay on. So even though you are camping on a powered site please remember that you all bring lots of gadgets that you run off our power - even fridges and blow me down air conditioners! The base price (non peak period) for a powered site is $38 (i.e. $19 per person per night), extra guests are $8 for children to the age of 11 years, and $16 for 12 years and older or $32 for unpowered. No charge for infants. I have reviewed the prices of competitors in the area and beyond and find that for comparable properties we are on a par Anyway, I know we must be doing something very right as we are full every weekend, have a fantastic mid week trade, and most of our business is word of mouth. One person brings 20 sort of thing. Indeed this is how you came to stay with us. Your friends who are regulars invited you to come camping with them. So many blessings and no doubt we will welcome you back soon. Rikki

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I've been here before and again like last time was very impressed. We were here late last year and camped for a night. We had that good of a time we decided to return but stay in a cabin this time. We stayed in the cheapest cabins, I think they're called fisherman cabins. They are extremely basic, no toilets, just one small room but that is all we wanted. It was very clean and the toilet facilities at the village are one of the cleanest we have used before. Again the pool area was great and the beach was also another highlight. We also absolutely loved the camp kitchen, its never busy or crowded and its a great place to eat and spend the night chatting away. We will definitely be back again in a few months.

Room Tip: If you're just after something cheap and basic get the cheaper cabins. They are still a great wa...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I recently went to the 4-day Yoga Retreat at Ballina. It was wonderful.. not only did I have new experiences of trying Laughing Yoga, Hula-Hooping, African drumming and Chanting, the food was delicious too.
I was very relaxed in the environment with friendly people and beautiful open beaches. The cabin was clean and lovely and was suprisingly bigger than I thought. I can't wait to return again and hope to bring my family along this time:o)
The staff were very friendly and helpful.. 'thank-you' to those who helped make my stay enjoyable.
Looking forward to seeing you again... soon!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My partner and I spent a lovely handful of days relaxing in one of the Beach Village cabins. We wanted a quite, no-fuss holiday and that's exactly what we got. We spent most of our time relaxing, reading and walking on the beach.

Facilities were clean and in great working order, staff were freindly and courteous, and a great bonus that your best canine friends are welcome.

Thanks, will visit again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Geelong
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Ballina Beach Village during the January holiday period. This was after being recommended this as a good gateway to the Northern Rivers by a close friend who stayed here in November. Having made my booking sight unseen I came to trip advisor to see other peoples opinions and was greeted with mixed reviews. With that in mind I can honestly comment that I was more then just pleasantly surprised with my stay and would recommend this as a fantastic holiday destination. Unlike some others who seemed to think that a holiday park is in the same vein as a five star resort this destination has a high value for money ratio.

Let me start at the beginning.

We stayed in cabin number six and found this much to our liking. Clean with a bright fresh décor we thoroughly enjoyed it. We had consistent Wi-Fi access though I must admit it tapered off as we walked to the beach (googling on my phone). The beach!!! This is a fantastic strip of sand, the kind of beach you can walk down hand in hand with a loved one with out feeling self conscious from the hordes of people that is usually found in such a beautiful place (cheesey sure, but true). All of which is only 2 minutes walk away.

The parks amenities surpass the norm with the abundance of facilities. The toilet block is clean and has nice ambient music playing through out and the open aired camp kitchen area is large and fosters a communal atmosphere which is great for families and friends to get to know each other.

The café is great and though I stayed away from any deep fried delicousness (damn you cholesterol) there was more than enough on the menu to please even the most sensitive of palettes. Pro tip: ask for something vegetarian, my partner did and she loved. Topping off the café is the outdoor seating arrangement with the unexpectant live music that played. This was completely out of left field for me and after the day walking on the beach and hiring of a bike to ride down to the jetty, it was a fantastic way to sit back and relax and enjoy my evening.

As for other peoples comments on the managers I have nothing but respect for their professional attitudes and hospitality. The few times I spoke to Rikki it was clear she was under the pump from the high work load but she answered every question I had and even offered advice for things to do and see in the area. The male manager was of a similar ilk with his endearing dog. He happily came to our cabin and patiently explained how to use the cable tv and I bet he gets this nearly every day but he was still more than happy to help us which in my book is a thumbs up and worth commenting on here.

All in all a great trip and will definitely return again

Room Tip: Stayed in cabin 6 and loved it. ask for close to wifi if you intend to use the internet.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve V
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We bought a voucher deal and four of us had a cabin for three nights. The cabin was very clean and quite suitable for us all. It had air conditioning, a decent sized fridge, good cooking facilities, dining table etc - all you need for a weekend away. A short walk to the beautiful beach. We enjoyed yummy burgers on the cafe deck whilst being entertained by a great pianist and singer who offered his playlist and we selected what we wanted to hear and had a good old sing along. Very relaxed atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and helpful. A great getaway from the rat race. Thanks for a lovely time and a generous deal.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had a wonderful experience at this camping ground. Huge area to put up your tent, facilities were very clean all in working order, huge kitchen facilities and the staff were so friendly and helpful. Highly recommend for a family getaway. Although we didn't have a dog all the dogs were so well behaved and not a problem at all.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family