All reviews border collie reasonable place to stay resident dog dog friendly room lovely outlook room cleaning executive room an excellent meal one night both dinner and breakfast owners and staff an upgrade late arrival wouldn't stay anywhere else relaxing weekend motor inn friendly reception
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We stayed their for 2 nights in the executive queen bed room.
Very happy with our stay.
The room is located at the back of the hotel so it is very quiet for light sleepers like me.
The room is clean and has everything we need.
The location is convenient, not far from the airport neither.
Staff at the reception is very friendly and nice.
And Zac the dog, oh, Why am I still missing him now. Is that just me or any animal/dog lover would feel about him? I would love to see him in future again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Stayed for 3 nights booked through Nts Corp meeting and found all staff including cleaning staff to be very accommodating. The rooms were very spacious and clean.
The food was amazing yum yum. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a meeting for 3 nights and found the staff to be exceptional - from the housekeeping to the restaurant to the managers. Nothing was a problem and the wait staff went out of their way to accommodate any request, including my vegetarian requirements on a set menu for our group. So friendly, happy and personable. Our room was clean and spacious. Would stay here again in a heartbeat, and hope to visit again soon. Highly recommended!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

I was welcomed by a friendly man at the desk that booked us in quickly. I chose to stay in an executive suite with a 4 star rating.
The room was spacious with a comfortable bed to rest our weary heads after a long day driving.
The shower was less than impressive. The pressure was weak except for when my partner flushed the toilet and I got extra heat and half a minute of extra water pressure.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daisychain33, Owner at Ballina Byron Islander Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2018

Hi Narelle. I do wish you had let us know about the shower when you stayed as most people think the pressure is great so if you had issues with it we need to fix the problem. After your feedback we tried all the showers but are still at a loss as to which room you are referring to, but of course we do not know how they perform if a lot of guests take a shower a the same time. Most motel owners really appreciate feedback as we want our guests to enjoy their stay, we certainly take customer feedback seriously, so I encourage you to speak up if it ever happens again.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Had a little trouble with being booked into the incorrect room, online booking for 4 bed room and place in 2 bed room, but staff quickly sorted out the issue with no fuss. Room quiet, even with a party on in the function room. A reasonable place to stay and only a short drive on to Lennox Head and the more expensive Byron Bay. Improvements may have been more blankets in the room or another split system in the main bedroom.

Date of stay: June 2018