“Second time around this is even better”

TOWN Restaurant and Cafe
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Bangalow
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Sydney, Australia
“Second time around this is even better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

this is a degustattion menu and this time we ordered the tasting wines....an even better experience at a world class but small restaurant

• Visited January 2012

Helensvale, Australia
“Superb, best meal from our long weekend in Byron.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

My wife and I dined for lunch at Ate on Sunday. We went to Bangalow on the recommendation from our host at Raes at Watego. We wandered up and down the street looking at the various options and settled on Ate. The restaurant has a really cozy feel to it and the staff had a very friendly attitude. I had the chicken, leek and mushroom pie and my wife ordered the daily special, roast pumpkin, spinach and goats cheese risotto. Both meals were superb, simple food cooked brilliantly and with fantastic flavour. I washed my pie down with a White Rabbit ale which worked well with the earthy flavours of the pie. We finished with some great coffee and headed back to Byron. We will be back to try upstairs for the degustation dinner. This restaurant is a must if you are staying in the Byron region. It is well priced and wins hands down over some of the very pedestrian food served up by some of the restaurants in Byron.

Visited January 2012
brisbane
“Chicken pie to die for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I had lunch at Ate today in Bangalow and had the best pie I have ever eaten by a country mile. It is the best $15.50 I have spent on lunch in terms of sheer food quality vs price. To top it off they had a very good range of wines by the glass and sell Stone and Wood premium ale which is a sensational beer. the service was very friendly and efficient and I am grateful to the waiter for recommending the pie. Go there for lunch if you are in Bangalow.

• Visited January 2012
“Wonderful lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Just had lunch at Ate and it was fantastic. I had a green bean salad with goats cheese and hazelnuts-absolutely delicious and a good size.There is a very good wine list and the coffee is excellent. I will definitely be going back when next at Bangalow!

Toowoomba, Australia
“Stunning food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We at at Satiate for New Years Eve and enjoyed their degustation evening - the food was excellent - good quality, well plated and very inventive
the wine was excellently matched to the food and the flavour of the food was exquisite.
the restaurant is an older building so perhaps lacks some of the ambience of some of the posher city restaurants however it is in a small country village and has it's own vibe and character
well done!!