• Restaurant
All reviewscountry pubcountry hospitalitystayed herecomfortable bedverandanoise
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

My family (2 adults, 2 kids 9&11) have stayed here a few times now and are completely blown away by the hospitality, service, cleanliness and restaurant every time. It’s the perfect Irish pub that the locals clearly love but visitors are equally welcomed.

The meals are so far above what you expect from a country pub and the drinks are well priced while you can watch the footy, play darts or a game of pool.

Best to book directly with the owner to avoid any booking surcharges and they always seem to find a way to make a long drive well forgotten.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Michael W, Owner at Boorowa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Hi Wander2018,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, most appreciated. We do have wonderful staff that treat the Boorowa hotel as their home creating a great family atmosphere.
Many thanks for visiting us again!
Best wishes,
Michael Ward, owner

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Great Irish Style Pub, very hospitable and Fantastic food, the Guinness Pie was outstanding. No photo cause I ate it all too quickly. Arrangements were made without fuss to accommodate my motorcycle, so I am most grateful to Mike and his team, thanks!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Michael W, Owner at Boorowa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Hi cbarratt1965,
Many thanks for your great review, I shal pass your comments onto the staff in the kitchen. The Guiness Pie is certainly a favourite!
Apologies for having my car blocking your morning exite!
Best wishes,
Michael Ward, owner.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

The pub is close to 150 years old. The rooms are small, with shared shower / toilet. In our case, the room overlooks the wool buyers on Queen St. The beds are reasonably comfortable, but after a pint or few of Guinness it won't really matter much.

There are 2 main bar areas, of which I have inhabited the smaller one for my visits. Yes, visits. I like this hotel enough to do return trips from Sydney for a weekend just to be here. We have not had a bad meal there. The menu is what appears to be the usual pub type fare these days.

The area is an Irish settlement area, farming region. If you come here don't expect a Hilton type room (in either pub - I've stayed in both), but do expect country hospitality and a good time.

The October long weekend sees the town pretty much booked out for "The Running of the Sheep". Book in December if you intend to go.

The yellow fields in the area are canola.

Room Tip: Any room is fine, you're only sleeping there. It's a late 1800's country pub, not a 5 star hotel in a major city.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2017

We stayed here for work, a group of 6 of us, Mike took care of all of our needs and went out of his way to help us with storing our work gear in the cold room. This is first class hospitality and the hotel has a super restaurant and a great bar. The rooms and bathrooms are rustic, but hey this is country NSW at its best, washed down with the best Guinness you can find in the Southern Hemisphere!!
We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Michael W, Owner at Boorowa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2017

John R,
Thank you so much for your kind review, for us it is an absolute pleasure!
All our staff look forward to 'converte' guests to great friends!
Best wishes for Christmas and all the best for a magical 2018!
Mike

Reviewed December 6, 2017

If you are looking for backpacker style accommodation this place may suit you, if on the other hand you are looking for first world accommodation then forget stopping here.
The place is run down and is not worth half of what they are charging.
When I booked the description was very deceptive, it had Flat screen TV, Bathroom, Kitchenette, Free Wifi. In reality we were led to a tiny room with a wash hand basin. the place where the TV used to be was a Bracket on the wall with an antenna lead sticking out of the wall. The bathroom was shared by several rooms and the Kitchenette was down a flight of stairs and was inadequate to say the least. If the description had been more accurate and the price more in line with the facilities I would not have wasted my time driving here. As it was I asked for a refund and left, this is the first time I've ever done this in 59 years exploring the planet.
I find it hard to believe in 2017 places like this still exist. Terrible!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Michael W, Owner at Boorowa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2017

Ian,
It was a pleasure to be able to refund you.