“Happy New Year in Byron Bay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Byron Beachcomber Resort

Byron Beachcomber Resort
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Byron Bay
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Happy New Year in Byron Bay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Leanne and i arrived at Beachcomber and were warmly greeted by Leslie. We quickly made our way to room 3b on the ground floor next to bbq area and pool.
The rooms were well equiped, air con great to keep the room cool, full kitchen and comfy lounges. Bed was firm and comfortable.
The location is great - just a short walk to the beach and 5 min to town. All in all a very good and confortable place to stay whilst in Byron.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ben Lomond NSW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

From the time of booking our accommodation via browsing the internet to a quick email response from Benn, the Manager, the Beachcomber Resort has been the best, and easiest, stay we have ever had in Byron Bay. Benn and Leslie the Managers at the Beachcomber, just keep doing more and more for us. The rooms are a good size (we have a studio room), the bedding is luxury with large bath towels and oh so beautiful pillows and sheets. Wardrobe and hanging space is provided with standard resort hangers ... table, chairs, TV, DVD and sitting areas are included. A standard kitchenette is very adequate especially as we can use the excellent BBQ facilities in the cabana...the bathroom has a large shower and is quite a large bathroom space with plenty of room for my cosmetics and a great mirror to do make up and hair...the courtyard is very private and it is where we spend our evenings relaxing. Of course, the pool and spa area is our favorite! I booked an hour massage for my husband which was in the bamboo hut next to the pool...just fantastic. There is direct beach access from the back of the building with security gates and a shower and tap for washing off the beach sand. Key security parking is a big plus +++...we feel very safe here especially as Benn and Leslie are available to discuss local attractions and local knowledge...they are very committed in making our stay a fantastic experience. If you need room service they will provide it for a small charge and we made our own bed...it took about 3 seconds to pull the sheets up and a few minutes to get organized for the day! Then it was into the spa and swimming pool, across to the beach for a few hours then a walk along the beach to the main shopping area for lunch and a short stroll back to our room... I could do all this even though I have a spinal injury disability and require a walking stick...The Beachcomber is a very clean, well appointed, very friendly and happy place to be in Byron Bay! Lots of extras, air con, large bathroom, large rooms, clean, very private, Thank You to Benn and Leslie for all your expert help!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter - Corner suites are large and sunny - Balcony rooms are upstairs...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth K
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Arrived at the beachcomber and the pictures were somewhat deceiving, the room we stayed in was heavily outdated and just tacky. There was no room service or cleaning which made me feel sick sleeping in a sandy bed after 3 days, couldnt even hang our clothes because they had safety attatchments so people cant steal them (whose going to steal coat hangers honestly?). We had two single beds in the room and only one pillow for each, a proper respectful hotel should supply
two per bed, the room didnt even come with tissues and only
had 2 toilet paper rolls for the week! ANIMALS!

• Stayed November 2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was surprised by some of the reviews. I found the staff helpful from early arrival to sending lost stuff, the rooms are simple but big. Wasnt noisy on our stay so maybe we got lucky, the beaxh access was really handy

• Stayed October 2011
brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stayed in August 2011 @ $120 p.n. (3 nts) in 1 brm apart. ground floor overlooking (compact) pool area. I had no noise problem during stay. Apart. had quite adequate self catering facilities. Large flat screen TV in lounge with Austar with movies (quite a change from just sport channels+fox at other places). Also TV in bedroom. Unit had airconditioning and was quite compact. It was cool and rainy for most of my stay so didn't use great beach (not patrolled) which is approx. 3 minute walk thru back fence of establishment. Undercover parking with lift access. Not a quick walk to shops as were most places along this strip, but easy parking at shops.
Didn't like: Very noisy extractor fan which started every time I turned on bathroom light.
Also the owner needs to whipper snipper a path to beach from back fence. It was overgrown when I was there.

Room Tip: I stayed ground floor overlooking pool (rear of property). Can recommend
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank gingerspice55
BeachcomberByronBay, Manager at Byron Beachcomber Resort, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Sorry the weather was a little damp during your stay. I apologize for the back path being a little over grown but maybe you went the wrong way as most people manage to cover the 80mtrs in about 1 minute. I will also note that most of our guests describe the 5 minute walk to the shops as quick. I agree our bathroom fans are loud, we need powerful fans because of the high humidity here in Byron Bay.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

Great location but the managers of this resort don't appear to care about groups that are extremely noisy and rude. We did not sleep til the party next door stopped at 4am. Also, don't expect to have your bed made or new towels supplied.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Again I apologize for your poor nights sleep. If you had of let me know about the noise I would have done something about it. I had a similar problem with a group last weekend, I had a complaint at 4pm, I warned the group, and at 10pm I received another complaint. I evicted the group with no refund. EXCESSIVE NOISE WILL NOT BE TOLLIRATED AT THE BEACHCOMBER.
Unfortunately from time to time we do get disrespectful people staying with us. If I receive a noise complaint I take immediate action to resolve it. Putting up with the noise and then demanding a refund on check out is not a helpful solution for anyone.
Like most other properties in Byron Bay we offer a weekly service, daily services can be arranged at a small charge.
Canberra
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

For the money that I paid at this "resort", it wasnt worth it. I'm sure there are many better options available in Byron for the 150 a night i paid.

The room was big but very dated. The double bed was terrible.

Our balcony had a view of the hotel next door about 10m away.

The walls are quite thin so we could also hear what the neighbours were watching on TV.

Some positives are that the staff were friendly on check in/ out, the short walk to the beach and into town is great as well.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank THESHONKOFTONK
BeachcomberByronBay, Manager at Byron Beachcomber Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
I regret to hear this guest was unsatisfied with there stay here! I apologize for the poor sleep they had. We did have a few older beds left to be replaced but I'm happy to report that 3 months ago, they were all replaced and that all beds in the complex are no more than 1.5 years old. We have never had any double sized beds here, only king zip beds in our studio apartments. I'm sorry to hear that they were unhappy with their view...half the complex has pool views, and had we known about this, we would have happily moved them to one of these or offered some compensation for their stay.