“Reputation Justified”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Make the best of their location - in a large shopping complex - and have created a haven with its own distinctive speciality.
Fins has rated 1 Hat for some years, so we were very interested to see if this was justified (have been very disappointed at a few restaurants in the past). Food lived up to expectations in all regards and the service was excellent - even a highlight. Wine by the glass - the sommeliers white wine recommendation was questionable; so much so that our waiter brought an alternative selection with her. Red was excellent. Pricing for wine was unreasonably high for the wines offered, otherwise 5 Stars would have been justified.
Yes, would definitely go again.

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

Ordered ‘chilli as anything’, a very spicy Seafood chilli dish consisting of a cone shaped pandanus leaf wrapped serving of rice, a thickly cut green papaya salad, and the main affair which had three fresh prawns, two mussels, squid, fish and lots of spice and loads of chilli. It’s the hottest food I’ve had in Australia and I’m pleased that it was as so often dishes described as hot and spicy aren’t.

Service was friendly but unexceptional except for the Japanese woman who took my payment. She was excellent.

Fins is an acclaimed restaurant with a good reputation. The food was good; it comes with a price tag. This dish was $47. Other main dishes started at $42.

Next time I’d like to try the four course degustation menu (there’s also a six course degustation menu) but there’s a hitch - I don’t eat dessert.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I just want to commend the chef for a superb meal. Also the service I received from my French waiter was fabulous, personable, just delightful.
I have decided to celebrate my very special birthday this year with you, whilst staying at Peppers Salt Resort. Once I know the number of people that will come along, I'll make a reservation. Will be for December 4.

I live on the Gold Coast and your restaurant beats most of them there!!!

Best regards,

Sharon

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Having in laws from overseas, where to host them for a great dinner ?!
FINS ❤️
we made a road trip to Kingscliff, just beautiful beautiful northen NSW place to be. Finishing our day with amazing meal and wine to match at Fins was just the perfect way to wow them !

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Nice venue- helpful wait staff, delicious food, well presented and fresh. A little expensive but overall an enjoyable experience.