All reviews putt putt nambucca heads camp kitchen concrete slab jumping pillow games room large pool giant chess great place to stay powered site lawn bowls camper trailer bedroom cabin a lovely stay two nights caravan facilities
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, position/park grounds etc great, no complaints.
Our 17th year here for our annual family reunion, but
I’m completely dumbfounded? I don’t even know where to start? Oh yes I do, with the female manager. I won’t comment on what happened earlier in the week because my husband & I didn’t turn up till late Thursday, I’m assuming other family members will fill in the dots.
We all look forward to our yearly get together, the permanent residents/cleaners often call in to say hello & comment on “how much the kids have grown”, “good to see you all again” etc..
My issue started when both my cousins, on checking out Friday, were told they wouldn’t be taking bookings for the following year due to “behaviour of the children.”
My cousin, myself & 2 aunties went to the office to find out what the problem was. My cousin politely asked about the issues. The female managers’ response was “The problems started the second you all got here.” “We’ve had 6 complaints from the residents..” etc
Admittedly, my 2 Aunties got cranky straight away. And so they should have. We’ve been coming here for years, always cleaned up after ourselves, always treated the park & it’s residents with respect.
When I asked “So if you’ve been getting complaints, shouldn’t you come to us as adults & talk about it so we know what the issues are? What’s the actual complaints?” I got no answer..
We were accused numerous times in the office of a “pack mentality” because 4 of us had gone into the office to ask questions.
I asked the female manager “Can you give me the contact details of the actual owners of the park?” Which was met with a smug “No. But I’ll happily pass on any correspondence.” Really! Do you honestly think I’d give her a letter/etc to pass on.
If it wasn’t so laughable, it’d be sad. We range from almost 80 years old to around 4 years old, my Aunty & Uncle feature in the advertising material of the park & have done for years due to the request of previous owners & now we’ve all been banned from the caravan park, ridiculous!
I’m at a complete loss? My husband & I didn’t have our children here as they’re adults, but it was made quite clear that none of the family were welcome back?
The only assumption I & others have come to is...
1. The female manager shouldn’t be working with the public
2. They expect kids to be seen but not heard
3. The cabins we stay in every year are obviously worth more if they’re sold off to over 55’s for permanent living + rent.
I’m putting this review on Facebook & TripAdvisor, which the female manager encouraged us all to do, in her smug manner

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Eugene A, Manager at Nambucca River Tourist Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback Jane, we are gratified to see that you are happy with the park grounds and position.
We do have to take issue with some of your comments though, beginning with the statement that your cousins were both told that we wouldn't be taking their bookings for the April School Holidays next year because of the behaviour of the children. What they were told was that we would be reviewing whether we would be taking their bookings and that was because we wanted to debrief our staff and other guests/residents who had all had something to say about the behaviour witnessed during the week. We didn't make the decision to not take bookings from your group at all until after the 'Female Manager', otherwise known as Leanne, was ambushed by four members of your group who stood around her in a circle bombarding her with loud accusations and bullying tactics, all in front of one of our residents. This was all because they wouldn't be told that their children/grandchildren were running out of control throughout the park during your stay. This despite numerous requests for the children to wear helmets while riding their bikes/skateboards/scooters. A not unreasonable request given that it is common sense to wear these items as well as a park rule which, as managers, we are bound to uphold. According to you all this has never been an issue in the past which we find incredible, however that does not excuse it. Our concerns were that in case of an accident, they were leaving themselves open to possible serious injury, something we are sure you would not like to see happening.
There was also an issue with them running/riding around the park after dark without parental supervision, again in direct disregard to the park rules. In one instance they came very close to barrelling into one of our residents who was simply out walking her dog - again after dark - which could have resulted in serious injuries to either our resident or the children. This was reported directly to a group of adults from your group who simply ignored it so to say that nothing was ever reported to the adults is incorrect.
In another instance there was a disgusting issue in one of the Pool amenities where faeces was left on the cistern and smeared over the paper dispenser. There is no way to know who was responsible for this but CCTV footage from the area outside these amenities showed that the only people to go into this particular toilet were your children. This footage was shown to the adults from your group who investigated themselves and ascertained that one of the kids was having difficulties and accidentally caused the mess. A plausible explanation but, if the children were monitored more closely by their parents and not allowed to roam around after dark, this could have been avoided completely.
All of our staff had occasion to talk to one or more of the children because of their lack of helmets and there was also several complaints regarding their behaviour on the Jumping Pillow where the bigger kids played a game of football in complete disregard of the smaller children and, in a couple of cases, causing the parents of those children to take their children off the pillow. Again all of this in front of a group of adults from your group who appeared to be cheering on the 'football game'.
So, to address your assumptions directly -
1. The 'Female Manager', Leanne, is very good at her job and, in partner with her husband, Eugene, has won awards for her work in Park Management.
2. We do not expect kids to be seen and not heard. We do expect them to have a fun time here with us and to do so while observing the rules of the park. Something most of our previous guests have managed to do as can be seen by the number of very positive reviews here on FB and on other platforms such as Google and Tripadvisor.
3. The object of the owners of the park is to maintain a balance between the residents of the park and the many holiday makers who come to visit us here in the beautiful Nambucca Valley.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We stopped here overnight on the way to Newcastle. We didn't arrive until nearly 5.30 which was disappointing as we would have loved to have done a bit more while we were here. This was a lovely peaceful park set out very neatly and the 2 bedroom villa we stayed in was great. It was clean, modern and spacious accommodating myself, husband and 2 teenage daughters very nicely. There was a pool, jumping pillow, games room, mini golf course and giant chess board that looked to be a lot of fun but we were too late to enjoy most things. The pool was a little cold but our daughters still enjoyed a jump on the pillow despite being older kids. I think this park would be great for younger kids on a longer visit but teenage kids could get bored after a couple of days. Still, a lovely location and a really great place to stay.

Room tip: The 2 bedroom villas are quiet, modern and spacious
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for your comments Tracey. We do have heaps to do for kids here at the park and I am sure you would also find plenty to do in the Valley should you manage to find more time to visit us next time. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future so we can point out all that Macksville, Nambucca and the whole valley has to offer.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

Returning from south back to Brisbane we originally booked for two nights only to extend for a further two nights.
The park ticks all the boxes with excellent concrete slab powered sites, handy to very clean & maintained amenities as well as dump point.
Very impressed with the grounds maintenance, friendly & helpful staff.
Road noise minimal at night is an added bonus.
Great place to stay,

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments James, now that the highway has been diverted away from the park we are no longer subjected to continuous road noise and so it is extremely peaceful right across the park from our powered sites to our cabins and villas. We are proud of the work our staff put in to make the park as perfect as possible for our guests and look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you pass this way.

Reviewed March 2, 2018 via mobile

Decided to stay here for two nights on a unpowered site. Upon arrival, the receptionist was extremely chatty and helpful. Only one unpowered site has shade from a tree though (number 20). The amenities were clean with the camp kitchen including a double fridge, plenty of hobs, kettles, toasters and BBQ. Plenty for the children to do including putt putt, lawn bowls, swimming pool, playground, jumping pillow and plenty of green to run around. Also a Woolworths 10 min drive away. (Macksville). Had a lovely stay here and would recommended it. :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a lot on offer here for our guests and our fabulous staff do a great job of keeping the park in good shape. We are happy you had a lovely stay and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are passing next.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Cabins are small and cramped, bed extremely uncomfortable and items in the cabin broken. Paid for 2nd most expensive room and left the trip short that’s how bad it was. No refunds allwoed even if it was unsatisfactory. Mainly only for families with kids. Double bed takes the whole room no moving space at all. Musky smell to it. Toilet broken, bathroom door broken, and the ceiling fan was faulty.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank ashalee123
Eugene A, Manager at Nambucca River Tourist Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you for your review and we are sorry that you were unhappy with the cabin supplied. As you say it is the second most expensive room but, as a Riverview Cabin, it has several benefits which we feel make it worth the expense. The cabin is cosy but I have to say yours is the first complaint we have had about the beds being uncomfortable. When you came to the office to tell us about the problem with the fan we organised an electrician to come in to fix it straight away. You didn't mention any other problems you were having but came back over an hour later to say you were leaving after one night of a three night stay. Our cancellation policy clearly states that 'We are unable to refund any monies for late arrivals, early departures or in the event of inclement weather' however, because you were clearly unhappy at the time, we did refund the third nights fee. There was no mention at the time of a broken toilet or bathroom door, both of which we have been unable to find as the bathrooms in those cabins have recently been refurbished and are in excellent working order.