“Great spot with a view ”

The Waterfront Cafe
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Merimbula
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Award winning breakfasts, idyllic location!
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Had lunch at the above cafe, chose the beer battered fish and chips.
The tartare sauce was fantastic.
Okay coffee, I think the staff were a bit under the pump.
Good view, lots of parking.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Stunning location overlooking the bay and delicious food. Breakfast granola amazing and burgers great for lunch. Spent many a time during my visit to Australia here - can’t wait to come back one day to watch the world go by.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I ordered the "Nourish Bowl" and could not have been happier. I will admit I would normally never buy something with such a non-descript name, but the sound of it on the menu was just wonderful. "Smoked salmon, 5 grain quinoa, pickled red cabbage, zucchini noodles, beans, spiced cashews, baby spinach and broccolini". I usually enjoy a large meal and was not disappointed. It didn't look uncomfortably large when it arrived, but it was a challenge for me to complete. The meal contained all wonderfully fresh and unusual ingredients I would not have thought to put together, so it was very refreshing enjoying something other than a 'regular' salad.

My friend ordered the chicken and tarragon gnocchi and was also delighted with her choice. I thought hers looked a little dull in comparison to mine, but that was the meal and she said it was delicious.

I ordered as a drink the 'very berry' smoothie and was again not disappointed. It was served as a decent size and was lovely and thick so whilst delivered before our meal arrived, it stayed thick until after the meal was finished.

Upon arrival we were offered seating either inside or out and our menus delivered to us promptly. I was surprised though, there was no offer of water. This could be one way in which they could improve. Most times, if a waiter offers water I may say no, but if it is there I will always find myself drinking some. So, I am a big fan of water being put on the table, even when not asked for.

The waiter came promptly to take our order although was not pushy, even though the restaurant was obviously very busy, so thanks. We were not feeling rushed, quite the opposite actually.

Another lovely addition - a large black pepper grinder on the table. A true winner for me. I'm not interested in salt, but they had a Himalayan grinder also on the table.

After our meal we had coffee. I ordered my usual half-strength cappuccino and it was perfect. I tend to find some coffee quite bitter, but this was worth going back for.
The view of the boardwalk and the water was refreshing and my friend kept me entertained with stories of the local area, so if you are new to the area, or just visiting, get a local to take you, or at least, call into the local information centre (about 50 paces away) and grab some tourist brochures.

1  Thank Annamarie D
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. Honestly, if people don’t arrive 15 minutes after their booking, remove it. Simples. Problem solved. You’re welcome.

1  Thank hungryeater380
Reviewed March 30, 2018

This is by wth waters edge and has plenty of outdoor but sheltered accommodation.

We only had a drink and nibble each time we visited and this to be a relaxing place. Other diners' meals looked good and I would recommend the scobes provided they are not crusified in the nicrowave which happens in most places.