“Pizzas to go”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Stayed at Melrose a dog friendly motel so took pizzas back to our room . They were so yummy. The staff at the restaurant were so lovely & friendly. We could of sat outside in the courtyard with our 2 dogs but decided to eat in our room. Restaurant looked absolutely fabulous though.

1  Thank Robyn L

Reviewed April 3, 2018

After going to this restaurant under different management for over 15 years, it has certainly reached an all time low. We decided on a wine (an imported Italian wine for $34.00 per bottle) and the young lady poured a small quantity into a glass and decided she had the wrong glasses so she disappeared, returned with other glasses then poured a large glass and disappeared again with the bottle. We were never asked if we wanted a glass or a bottle. We have never ordered anything other than a bottle of wine so I was amazed.

Main meal - a choice of 5 we wanted veal masala which was on their website ,however the only veal dish that was available I was told by the waitress was the one on the menu, ie crumbed veal with a caper and prawn sauce - sauce was over salted and veal had no salt, and the veges were pretty disgusting - undercooked boiled (or steamed) asparagus unsalted overcooked carrot / sweet potato all of this for $34.00 per dish top prices for rubbish. THIS WOULD HARDLY EVEN CUT IT AS A PIZZA JOINT.

When we complained about the so called wine service - we were told the young lady we were told she was only17 and learning. I WONDER WHO IS TEACHING.
I am now going to prepare something for dinner and have a decent glass of wine.

I might add we were not charged for this debacle but that is not the point, we wanted a nice quiet dinner. We are not novices we have been dining out regularly for 50 years and have never had a worse experience.

1  Thank gunterrs
Alexander P, Owner at Esco Pazzo, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Hello Gunterrs

As one of the current owners, I would like to apologise for the unfortunate experience you had when you visited this restaurant in early April. I was hospitalized for 2 months prior to your visit and had been unable to finish wine training with the staff. I am sorry that you did not pass on your concerns with the meals at the time, so that the chefs may have had the opportunity to rectify this apparent mistake, something they would have been happy to do, had it been brought to their attention.
Also, I am curious to know on which website you saw the "veal marsala" listed on our menu, since that hasn't been on the menu at the restaurant for about 5 months.
I would appreciate it if you could call me at the restaurant after 5 pm on either Friday or Saturday to discuss the matter further and see whether there may be some way in which we might make amends as your custom is important to us.
Kind regards
Alexander p
Alexander Pearce

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

Believe this restaurant has undergone a lot of changes but don’t think they have it quite right. Could be a great cheap and cheerful Italian but gone upmarket instead. Was virtually empty on a Thursday night. Calamari was okay, ravioli was a bit disappointing (too sharp citrus flavour) and no inexpensive wines. Overall expensive for quality and no byo a nuisance. Nice staff

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Serving a plate of pasta for $42 with 3 mussels in it and 2 of them were not open is not value for money..........what are your cooks doing, obviously not looking at the food when it leaves the kitchen. Food was bland, our utensiles were not changed from our entree dishes, no salt or pepper on the table, I could continue but do not want to waste my time. So if your reading this dont waste your time going there. Plenty of great places to go in the Highlands. This is not one of them since it has changed hands.

2  Thank reviewdelights
Reviewed February 9, 2018

The service by the the wait staff was first rate, excellent. There were three wait staff each of who ensured we were very well looked after.
The meals were very good athough a suggestion would be to increase the menu selection and the portion size for the fettuccine. My wife had the lasagna which again was very nice however the salad could have been a little more substantial also.
It was also nice to see a good selection of local wines on offer which we had.
I would definitely return.

1  Thank JimZ949