All reviews other guests bed was comfortable bistro accommodation amenities
Reviewed November 8, 2015

Lunch was nice I had the pizza very good,my husband had the Thai beef salad he said it was one of the best he has had, was rather cold when we arrived air con was set at 16 lucky I was able to turn it up. Very quite mid week ,there is and outdoor area with a children's play centre . Shopping centre next door.
Pub is decorated with fishing gear stuffer fish old boats etc looks good

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2015

Its the only motel type accommodation in the area. Its comfortable and clean enough and close to shops, Morriset and the Lake. If your a pub person, even better. It could be much nicer if they spent a bit of money doing up the rooms: cracked tiles, worn carpets etc. Generally outdated fixtures amenities etc. I've stayed twice, once in a basic room which was shoddy, the next time in a deluxe which was some what better. Just don't expect anything above three stars. I asked about discounts and was told 'no' as 'we're the only motel around', meaning they have a monopoly, so don't have to compete by giving discounts. There is a salt water pool which I swam in, clean water but I suspect its shared with the local ducks; no evidence of daily maintenance, eg duck droppings around the pool side, dead insects on pool floor.

Room Tip: if you can ask for a deluxe room; if you want quiet, ask for a room away from the pub
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2015

The pub itself is not too bad with most popular beers on tap or otherwise available. The restaurant however is a whole different story.
Food is not the best standard and some of the meals in the party were sent back to the kitchen. With only 6 or so other diners in the place it still took over 40min to get our meals. Staff are very unfriendly and really couldn't care what the patrons thought. I am a local and had heard that this may be the case but went there anyway thinking it was talked up etc.
Very disappointing, and until staff and chef have changed myself along with my friends and family will not be returning.

Stayed: January 2015
Reviewed September 20, 2015

My husband and I stayed one night in this establishment. The staff were friendly, but for the price we paid we thought the room should be cockroach free and the water from the shower head shouldn't smell like a stinky drain pipe. A very basic breakfast was offered at a surprisingly high price for what you get and it's delivered the night before, which is strange. Needless to say, we skipped breakfast.
However, the Bay Hotel Motel is right next door to a convenient little shopping complex with just about everything you need. This hotel motel has a great pub and the food in the restaurant was pretty good.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2014

Called in for lunch with a couple of mates. Six people in the restaurant however our order of pizza and wedges took over an hour to make. We resorted to the pizza and wedges as the menu is very expensive. The cheapest other option was an $18 hamburger. Ordinary meals and slack service. Never again!!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends