“great restaurant meal , one of the best in town”
Review of Whale Restaurant

Whale Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Narooma
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2018

when looking for an up market meal in narooma this is the place to go, modern cuisine, great service and presentation, good decor and a great outlook over the town , i always try to eat here when i visit

Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

My family and I are here for dinner recently. Service staff very friendly, polite and knowledgable. Restaurant clean and well presented with a great view. Meals came out in a timely fashion, although we were first in for dinner so I would expect relatively fast service. Entrees were nice, tasty and well presented. Mains were good, but both my husband and I felt that they needed simplifying and were trying to be too fancy, to the point where the flavour profiles were confused. However, desserts were great. A nice spot.

Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

The staff are very warm and friendly. I really wanted it to be great because it gets good reviews and has a good young chef. But it just didn't deliver as I expected. Nice enough but the gnocchi was undercooked and gluey. On my main (and I can't even remember what it was) seemed to have elements missing from the plate as it didn't match the menu description. Dessert was the highlight.

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

We booked at the whale for dinner for our 25th wedding anniversary. Excellent food: delicious South Coast oysters with a delightful verjuice jelly, accompanied by a sparkling white, superb smoked lamb shoulder and a delicious, tender and very tasty confit duck, accompanied by a relatively light but perfectly balanced French Pinot noir from Beaune. The deserts were also delicious along with a light, fresh botrytis semillon. Service was friendly, attentive and, most of all, interested. The wine list was also impressive. For a restaurant in a coastal town motel, Whale exceeded expectations. On the hill above the estuary, Whale commands an superb view and has a very pleasant ambience. We were seated by the windows. We had booked nearly a week in advance and, had we known to do so, should have asked for one of the tables where we could both have enjoyed the view, rather than one of us sitting with our back to it - the only disappointment in an otherwise excellent evening.

1  Thank JPDH52
Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

My extended family and I visited The Whale as we had read good reviews. The service was excellent and quick. The views are great - though we were in the mezzanine and so unfortunately were unable to appreciate them as we ate. The food was good nut nit great - considering the price, I don't think a 5 rating is justified.